Worst Album Artwork 2020

7 Likes

Bad fonts on album covers are absolutely inexcusable, and seem to be getting more prominent? I can usually cope with poor art/photography, but when it looks a Microsoft Word textbox has been used, I lose all patience

1 Like

Noel Gallagher channelling later Oasis & Kasabian here

14 Likes

The kerning is horrible too - with ‘Seeking’ stretching out and ‘Thrills’ all squashed together to fit the space.

Brace yourselves…

5 Likes

Honestly cannot work out whether this is the greatest thing ever or the greatest worst thing ever

11 Likes

One of those things where they’ve achieved exactly what they were going for, but what they were going for is awful.

5 Likes

There’s a fundamental silliness and lack of pretension about it that’s quite endearing.

It’s very puzzling though - I of course accept the idea of an Angel smoking a massive bong in heaven, but why on earth would it be inconveniently and impractically shaped like an anvil?

2 Likes

The band is called anvil and they have an anvil on all their covers and that’s why it’s so endearing

You can imagine the conceptual meeting- ‘I have a vision of having an angel smoking a bong in heaven’, ‘that’s brilliant, but how are we going to get an anvil into that?’, ‘wait a minute…’

3 Likes

It’s confusing with the album title as well. Like, it’s only legal when you’re dead and in heaven? Or maybe the weed laws have just changed in heaven? Anyway I really like it. Could’ve done with angel looking a bit more zonked though

1 Like

She’s just had a proper cough from that last hit.

2 Likes

bieber wishes he could release an album as good

2 Likes

2 Likes

Had a good chuckle validating this claim:

10 Likes

anvil1

11 Likes
  • Anvil
  • Coldplay
  • Covering your entire body in fish paste and diving into a tank of hungry, steroid-pumped sharks

0 voters

The new Arca album (@@@@@) is… uhh… wow.
Spoiler’d for obvious reasons.

4 Likes

OnePixcel - Libre

4 Likes

This can’t be a Jesse Kanda job, right?