Worst Album Artwork 2020

5 Likes

Bad fonts on album covers are absolutely inexcusable, and seem to be getting more prominent? I can usually cope with poor art/photography, but when it looks a Microsoft Word textbox has been used, I lose all patience

1 Like

Noel Gallagher channelling later Oasis & Kasabian here

12 Likes

The kerning is horrible too - with ‘Seeking’ stretching out and ‘Thrills’ all squashed together to fit the space.

Brace yourselves…

4 Likes

Honestly cannot work out whether this is the greatest thing ever or the greatest worst thing ever

7 Likes

One of those things where they’ve achieved exactly what they were going for, but what they were going for is awful.

3 Likes

There’s a fundamental silliness and lack of pretension about it that’s quite endearing.

It’s very puzzling though - I of course accept the idea of an Angel smoking a massive bong in heaven, but why on earth would it be inconveniently and impractically shaped like an anvil?

2 Likes

The band is called anvil and they have an anvil on all their covers and that’s why it’s so endearing

You can imagine the conceptual meeting- ‘I have a vision of having an angel smoking a bong in heaven’, ‘that’s brilliant, but how are we going to get an anvil into that?’, ‘wait a minute…’

3 Likes

It’s confusing with the album title as well. Like, it’s only legal when you’re dead and in heaven? Or maybe the weed laws have just changed in heaven? Anyway I really like it. Could’ve done with angel looking a bit more zonked though

1 Like

She’s just had a proper cough from that last hit.

1 Like

bieber wishes he could release an album as good

2 Likes

Had a good chuckle validating this claim:

8 Likes

anvil1

8 Likes
  • Anvil
  • Coldplay
  • Covering your entire body in fish paste and diving into a tank of hungry, steroid-pumped sharks

0 voters

The new Arca album (@@@@@) is… uhh… wow.
Spoiler’d for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

OnePixcel - Libre

4 Likes

This can’t be a Jesse Kanda job, right?