Worst five cities/places you’ve been to

Hull is other people.

2 Likes

Swindon. Such an abysmal place put family live there, requiring a visit every few months.

Medan, Sumatra.
Naples, Italy.
Albaquerque, USA.
Surfers Paradise, Australia.
Coventry.

oh shit, forgot about Birkenhead.

Krakow and Wroclaw had some interesting things but they also had Nazi graffiti scrawled on synagogues and people in the street shrieking about how evil abortion is. Probably wouldn’t go again.

Fair cop

What didn’t you like about Genoa? I thought it was lovely… until I saw someone shooting up in broad daylight at the bottom of some stairs.
But I did love the tiny alleys and streets with no lighting, very medieval.

A lot of places people are saying are the worst are places where a lot of poor people live…

4 Likes

Once while in Hull I came across an old fella who lived at a crossing of two main roads, he’d dragged his big armchair out the door and onto the pavement, and was sat out drinking tins of Guinness and watching traffic. He looked so at peace.

8 Likes

Re canvey
The ref got punched during my last Sunday league trip there, because he kept giving fouls when they were punching us and stuff. Then the other team tried to punch us more.

My mate got punched in the face and the guy only got a yellow card

1 Like

Bangkok. Nothing but indistinct tall buildings, traffic and seediness. Hated it.

Beijing. Or at least when I was there- during the worst smog of the year. It was disgusting. Only part I enjoyed was the Temple of Heaven, and even then I could barely breathe.

Coventry. Shithole.

Paris. Shithole. Or so I thought so as a 13 year old. I will go back to see if I’ve matured or if I was correct. I did buy Daft Punk’s Discovery on CD from a hypermarket there though, every cloud.

Glasgow. Might get lynched for this but had a horrible time, didn’t meet a friendly soul despite its reputation. Did get a double battered sausage supper from a chippy though which was a highlight.

Horrible place, full of meatheads.

There is an abandoned jetty there which is cool to explore. Although when I went some kids started on us

Jaywick is a good shout. Makes Canvey look like Venice.

I prepared myself to be disappointed but it’s depressing how fucking ugly the surroundings are and it completely ruins it

1 Like

I’ve only driven through the place and been to Canvey Island’s ground and Concord Rangers’ ground. Some of the bungalows have quite a nice seaside feel to them, and I’d like to head down to the actual front itself. But I don’t know how long I’d be hanging about there!

Not really worth it tbh, it’s basically just residential so there’s no reason to go there beyond footballing ones

Thankfully, won’t be going there this season (cup draws permitting), so thanks for saving me the effort :slight_smile:

Hull is the best city outside of your main ones in the north (e.g. Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield).