Worst franchise-ruining film

So, there may have been even worse films in some of these franchise (hello Terminator Salvation), but they were all ruined by the following I reckon:

• Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  • Alien3
  • Jason Bourne
  • Matrix 2
  • Phantom Menace
  • Die Hard 5
  • Terminator 3
  • Batman and Robin
  • Predator 2
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

I enjoyed Predator 2.

There. I’ve said it.

Does The Hobbit count as its own franchise or did it ruin the LOTR franchise?

The end(s) of Return of the King did that.

Finding it really, really hard to choose between T3 and Crystal Skull here.

Compared to the previous films, Godfather 3 is rubbish.

Temple of Doom is way way way worse than Crystal Skull

Also, the first Transformers film.

Don’t be absurd

Alien vs Predator ruined TWO franchises!

It has plenty of issues, but the opening scene on its own is ten times better than anything in Crystal Skull.

i don’t think it’s going too far to say that the hobbit trilogy is one of the most shameful incidents in the entire history of new zealand.

fuckin nuclear fridge man

Batman and Robin is so completely ridiculous it’s entertaining, even the first Matrix is terrible in retrospect, they were always going to ruin Star Wars so it was just a case of when, Indiana Jones films feel standalone enough that you can just ignore Crystal Skull. T3 is the big disappointment because the first two are incredible and created a world where maybe something interesting could have happened in a third film, but they fucked it up.

On Mark Wahlberg’s schedule: 05:15 - 05:45

Have you seen it recently? It is so fucking appalling I can’t even…

Both films have their issues. Something about the tone felt off about Crystal Skull, but a lot of it does work. Maybe it depends on your tolerance for Shia LaBeouf. The worst thing about it was probably Cate Blanchett’s ridiculous pantomime character.

Think it’s the angriest I’ve ever been in the cinema

A reprise of the classic Coke machine Roman Collosseum scene in the Rodmam & Rourke masterpiece Double Team

not seen it for a while but from what I recall doesn’t ray winstone do some ridiculous heel turns in it? “I’m on your side, actually I’m with them, that was a bluff I was with you all long, OR AM I?”