Worst high street shop

Missed that you’d beaten me to it, but I guess it needed saying twice.

Had my single worse customer service experience in a PC World at their expert desk.

Me: Hi, I have an error message on my laptop, says that [insert error message I have now forgotten]
Nerd: [feigns sarcasm] Hmmm, sounds as if [repeats error message back to me]

Left.

3 Likes

Any excuse to post this, one of the worse RT-baiting twitter hot takes of recent times

2 Likes

:musical_note: Our business is so cynical! :musical_note:

1 Like

The apple shop

3 Likes

The bigger they are the more scared of JLewz they are.

WHSmith used to be good, so the pain of its demise is all the more acute. How thye went from the highpoint of the “Nicholas Lyndhurst plays an entire family” ad campaign to where we are now I’ll never understand

lyndhurst

2 Likes

Vape shop

You Rodney plonker!

2 Likes

WH Smiths is now terrible but wasn’t always like that. Growing up in a West Wales town it was really important for me. THe only place I could buy the NME and Melody Maker as the local newsagents didn’t stock them. I loved browsing the stationary, buying new pens and notepads. It was great. I feel sad for Smiths. I really do. I also miss Woolies :sob:

6 Likes

always used to be good to pop into whilst on holiday, look something up on the internet cos it was too expensive to do it on my phone, and then just leave. don’t think i’ve ever bought something there (have collected an online purchase though just for full disclosure)

Harru was talking about his greengrocers, m8

1 Like

The Samsung shop at the bottom of Market Street

Used to be the only place that sold Wire magazine (might still be), which I always bought with the best intentions but never really read.

1 Like

2 more for consideration.
Menkind - basically sells landfill.
Shoe zone - bad shoes shivering in baskets outside the shop.

4 Likes

great shout

4 Likes

Lush is the best, no other shop got so much vegan stuff and puts fuck the police signs in the window. Superdrug could never.

2 Likes

WorstHighStreetShop Smiths

4 Likes

has anyone mentioned Sports Direct. Huge shops with shit stacked so high you have no chance of reaching it. Uninterested staff (most likely because they are underpaid and the working conditions are shit) I got lost in there once and genuinely had to ask where the exit was. Horrific places.

5 Likes

I was going to say Shoezone, but Vic & Bob did a particularly funny bit about it when I saw them live which justifies its existence for me.

1 Like