Worst new bands you've discovered lately

As bad as some of these bands are there’s still a massive audience for lad rock (maybe it’s related to football) and they don’t need to be that good to do well. Slaves, Blossoms and Catfish are all playing sold out shows while Kasabian and The Courteeners are two of the biggest bands in the country mainly off the back of having maybe two or three memorable songs per album.

Definitely Blossoms and also not sure if he counts as a band but James Vincent McMorrow who sounds and looks like a Keane solo project

haha, i saw him years ago on his own supporting Kyp Malone from TVOTR’s solo thing and thought he was alright but his albums are proper dull.

Huge audience. Think it’s more a heritage thing then a football thing. Some people have just grown up thinking that real music is made by lads with guitars in bands

their penises are a combined length of 17.34 inches, “tip to tip”
seem like a great bunch of lads

Bunch of cocks if you ask me.

oh i remember reading this a while ago but had no idea who they were then

DMA’s are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

Proper Lads, proper Dicks

The Triffid’s a good venue

Re: To Be A Libertine - bloody hell, not enough fire really.

Er…can I just say Slaves (I know they’re not new) but really don’t know how they’re popular, absolute shithouse, no songs, about a punk as my dad.

‘Kitchen’s Floor’ (admittedly shit name) are Brisbane’s best export surely? A an absolute monster of a band.

Wooooooah, never even heard of these guys before but this is right up my alley.

Give me a couple of weeks, I’ll see if they take the top spot.

1 Like

:smiley:

2 Likes

I was genuinely surprised when I discovered that The Courteeners were still a thing recently. Have never heard any of their music - or indeed heard of the band in the past 7 years or so - apart from Not Nineteen Forever (Which is a tune that should be filed away in the Guilty Pleasures folder, for sure).

There is this band called the Go-Betweens!

for recent Brisbane check Blank Realm and Thigh Master

1 Like

I didn’t realise people were going to take this statement seriously.

Sounds like there’s a need for a Brisbane music thread (for purely selfish purposes) I reckon.

yeah i know, was thinking this was derailing the worst bands thread!

carry on

here’s the Bennies

2 Likes

Nah thats great! Fucking stupid but great. Giggling through the whole thing.

3 Likes

Oh wow their album is call ‘Legalise (But Don’t Tax)’. That is something. I think this is serious and unironic as well. Oh well.