Worst Song by Your Favourite Band

It’s a cover anyway, so.
edit: whoops thought you meant golden lights

Work is a Four Letter Word

oh by jingo

Slightly harsh as this is better than everything on his debut tbh

I quite like Black Albino Bones! probably something off that album is their worst though. seem to remember Crooked Head being quite dull

Ah see I quite like crooked head… maybe royal swan? I dunno aye definitely off that anyway

Cosmo’s Ladder does have the great line:

“I have seen into the future,
Everyone is slightly older”

See also:

“We’ll both age in a straight line unless one of us has
A breakdown in our fifties or soaks too long in the bath”

But you’re probably right. You know what song I think is the most underrated from “The Plot”? Anchor. I mean, vocal effects aside it does a lot of things they do in other songs but I think it would sound pretty good live. Don’t think they played it even when touring that album though.

Unprompted Falco started saying which Future Of The Left songs he’s not that keen on anymore:

[details=For those who care, click for more detail]On Drink Nike:

On I Am The Least of Your Problems:
https://twitter.com/shit_rock/status/827624794589896706[/details]

FALCO WATCH OVER, OUT.

Maybe its one like thay Im thinking of. Only really know Son the Father and BAB tbh!

yeah, which is fair, Son the Father is easily one of the best

Marillion - Most Toys

Oof, 3 of my favourites there. Loved the bass on Drink Nike, particularly on the live album. I get what he means about them being more ‘normal’ though.

1 Like

Nick Cave.
Rock Of Gibraltar from Nocturama - there’s a few average songs on Nocturama, but this is abysmal.
Slowly Goes The Night from Tender Prey - spoils an otherwise perfect album.

I absolutely love this song! Surely he has some much worse stuff in those albums which aren’t glorious prime period classics like MWSTW

Agreed there will be but this one just sticks in my head as my least favourite of what I’ve heard. The ‘oh by jingo’ part grates on me quite hard

I was thinking about this and I’d independently come up with Rock of Gibraltar for Nick Cave too. Around the time he was touring the album I saw him play this song live and in the intro he said “everyone hates this song, but I like it”.

Marillion - Not a band I see mentioned on here often (/ever). Not really qualified to comment on their full career as I lost a lot of interest in them after Brave and have only dipped in and out since then. But if I were just going the Fish-era band Just For the Record always seemed to stick out like a festering sore on an excellent collection of songs.

I saw him on that tour & he made the same sort of statement before playing Still In Love. One of the average songs off Nocturama, but still a few notches above Rock Of Gibraltar!

He must have been paying attention to the reviews.

Struggling to decide on Nirvana’s crappest number. Come As You Are does absoultely nowt for me and Nevermind would be a better album without it. Doesn’t help that the guitar tone/effects/production have dated horribly, more than any other of Nirvana’s songs. That said Love Buzz is also pretty shit.

trying to think of one for Fugazi. Furniture maybe?

he likes a guide to men tho @ma0sm

1 Like