Worst Song by Your Favourite Band

Spiritualized - either Yeah Yeah, I Gotta Fire or Sitting On Fire
R.E.M. - anything off Around The Sun
Eels - Wrong About Bobby
Pulp - I’m A Man

their last album was not very good at all

I’d say BARB was easily their weakest album, and think you’ve probably nailed it with those two. Don’t think much of the track Take Off And Landing Of Everything, either. Sounds like a studio jam in search of a hook.

forgot about this one. the correct answer:

Yeah, I think following up SSK weighed heavily on them, and so BARB often sounds a bit forced. Take Off & Landing… sounds great, but a few too many of the tracks are lacking a focus like you say. Still some gorgeous moments though like My Sad Captains.

Glad they’ve pulled it all back round again on the excellent new album though - the lovely production of the last one, but with added mojo!

1 Like

Low have probably been my favourite band for over a decade, but I wasn’t really a big fan of The Invisible Way. This is probably my least favourite:

There is also a fair bit of dicking around on A Lifetime Of Temporary Relief (cover of Open Arms, anyone?) but I can’t really hold that against them.

Re Bowie’s (TMWSTW) After All. Not at all. That song is pretty cool, actually. No, the answer for Bowie is the It Ain’t Easy cover on Ziggy Stardust. Doesn’t make sense, he had plenty of other great tunes that never made it to an LP at the time.

And it still works perfectly on the album by luring you into a false sense of security before Giant Swan comes in and wrecks your life.

What a band.

1 Like

The correct Bowie answer is the awful cover of the awful Across the Universe that stinks up the otherwise superb Young Americans.

1 Like