Would it be silly to drive from Brighton to Manchester and back in a day?

Whilst stationary, obvs

4 Likes

Yeah I was thinking this, just check in to a service station hotel on the way back if I’m getting tired

2 Likes

I’ve done oxford to Glasgow and back in under 24 hours although I had a nights sleep in between. Take some breaks and it should be fine but if you start to feel tired just pull over and get a hotel.

1 Like

My mate Jim has done it multiple times to pick his son up from uni there (these days he also goes via Liverpool for his other son).

He loves it - puts together a massive playlist and goes with it

(GWS Tim’s daughter)

1 Like

I would do this - I did Leeds and back in 24hrs recently and that was pretty brutal driving wise so having a night’s kip in Leeds was great

Only takes a minor accident or bit of congestion to make it a humungous pain in the arse

Really nice thing to do, for sure.

I’d get a hotel in Manchester though. Either take your daughter out for something to eat when you get there if she’s feeling up to it, or just go for a couple of drinks/explore on your own and take advantage of being in a different city, and then drive back more refreshed the following day.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely this, best of both worlds (if you can take the time off work or whatever).

courses these days are far too easy