Would it wake you up?

Lets say it’s a normal night, say 3.30am. You’ve been asleep since 11.30pm.

Somebody turns on the TV (medium volume)

• That would wake me up
  • That wouldn’t wake me up

0 voters

A lorry reverses outside your window

• That would wake me up

0 voters

Someone starts hoovering two rooms away

• That would wake me up

0 voters

I wear earplugs and take sleeping pills and I still wake up a couple of times a night due to very minor disturbances. It’s awful.

1 Like

A thunderstorm

• That would wake me up

0 voters

That sounds like no fun at all. Maybe try sleeping in my bear-like embrace sometime.

That would make things worse I’m afraid but I thank you for your offer nonetheless

1 Like

Anytime.

1 Like

i have literally slept through a tornado warning

1 Like

Someone smacks you medium-hard on the botty

• That would wake me up

0 voters

Prescription meds instead of sleeping pills but, yeah, same. Really aggravating.

Someone is playing an electric guitar, no effects, in the next room

• That would wake me up

0 voters

Might I ask what the prescription meds are if it’s not too personal? I just get over-the-counter Nytols and they are not supposed to be for sustained use (I’ve been having them regularly for about two years)

I’ve gotten into a really annoying habit of falling asleep immediately and then waking up about 45 minutes later. Stop it brain! Also my bladder can do one.

1 Like

Medications for pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
Edit: I can’t take any kind of sleeping pills as they inevitably induce unpleasant dreams that leave me with an emotional hangover and not feeling rested at all. Not getting enough sleep naturally is “better” for me.

1 Like

It’s the mornings that irk me. Awake at 6ish and never able to get back to sleep. When I’m awake, that’s it.

3 Likes

Seems like a slippery slope that…

This is exactly my problem too. And it has led to a (not so) subconscious feeling on behalf of M that I don’t need as much sleep / am a morning person. Which I’m not wild about

1 Like

This is tenuously related but my son came into my bed last night at 2.15 and did not go back to sleep AT ALL. I think I dozed here and there while he fidgeted away until I kicked him out at 5.50. I got up at 6.25.

This has never happened before and it wants to fucking never happen again.

I reckon I would very quickly become completely reliant and addicted

Slept through four alarms and the kid trying to wake me up this morning. Nothing wakes me, I am a log

I’m really not a fan of those. I found them pretty helpful in a period where I had no trouble getting to sleep but would wake up around 5am and not be able to get back to sleep, and they help there did help there in keeping me under until a more resonant time.

But in general the sleep I get with them is just terrible, I almost never feel properly rested, and I’m often really foggy the next day. Sometimes I’ve had weird sleep paralysis type stuff as well. Think they’re good at sending my body to sleep but not necessarily by brain?