Would you display this as a trophy?

This is the eighth in a weekly series where I, Jonathan Frakes, ask the Drowned In Sound community questions taken from the show Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction which I hosted from 1998 - 2002.

For those who can’t see clearly, these are a large pair of antlers mounted onto a shield, hanging from the wall.

• Yes.
  • Yes in principle, but not where I live now.
  • Perhaps.
  • Probably not.
  • No.

0 voters

If you would, where would you display it? If you wouldn’t, why not?

1 Like

I think it would make an excellent back scratcher.

Don’t live in the Scottish Highlands

Perhaps, but it’s the macabre display of a dead animal part that I’m not keen on.

1 Like

Wait til you see the contents of my fridge!

1 Like

My husbands job relates to hotels and so when one was getting rid of all these decorations I told him to get one.

And now this is where it’s been for months:

On the floor of the garage.

Will it ever be displayed on a wall? Who knows.

6 Likes

I’m choosing to believe that this is a wall, not the floor, and that you’ve also stuck a paint brush and some other assorted items to the wall too.

4 Likes

My parents have some antlers they found whilst walking in a wood - they’d been freshly shorn by a young male.

always been really fascinated by them - really textural objects.

1 Like

We moved in last August and are still decorating in slow, piecemeal style, and our bedroom has a large chimney breast which desperately needs some central point of interest. I think those antlers would go down a treat.

Best displayed at Corey Haim and Jason Patric’s granddad’s house or The Gem Saloon in Deadwood.