Would you enter a raffle...

at work where there were two prizes. One is a paid year off and one is an unpaid year at work. It’s free to enter and there are, let’s say, 20 other entrants.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I would likely just stop turning up if I lost.

5 Likes

The bad prize would be much more harmful on my ability to provide for my kids than the upside of the good prize, and there’s equal chances for them, so I’m out.

Didn’t even have to enter the raffle

3 Likes

In all honesty, if I was just straight up offered a paid year off I’d need to think about it

I would just like to caveat this thread by saying that I really haven’t thought this scenario through further than the basic premise, that came up earlier when talking to a colleague.

Are you bored of it yet?

I’d probably use the free time to concentrate on my charity work

1 Like

3 months in and very much so, yes.

The 2 months off we had in the summer was nice though, so I’m sure once the weather starts getting better again I’ll be enjoying it a bit more.

1 Like

That’s really noble actually

How many ‘paid year off’ prizes for every ‘unpaid year of work’ prize would there need to be for you to enter

0 voters

So is this

You’ve won the raffle and your frankly unhinged boss offers you one of these options to choose immediately, in front of everyone:

• Double salary for a year, same job
  • Paid year off, same salary
  • You and the CEO swap jobs for a year, incl salary, all changes you make are binding
  • Everyone gets a 15% pay rise, except you who gets a sparkly work jacket that says KING OF RAISES

0 voters

Once I’m ceo I can make all the raises I want then quit

2 Likes

If you as ceo quits the original ceo will still be working your job so I think that’d be quite a pickle

I like my job, and I like money.

1 Like

Yeah, I know

Good point.

imagine the dread the night before going back lol

2 Likes

Think I’d probably have gotten a different job before then.