Would you tell your mate if you knew his girlfriend was cheating on him?

I don’t necessarily agree with that …but even if I did, that’s her & your mate’s responsibility/disaster - not yours

don’t think of yourself as complicit - you didn’t do anything

I would warn against doing anything (as hard as that might be) unless you’re all 100% certain you’ve got all your facts right …and by that I mean your facts about their relationship as much as your facts about the affair

I can see that in the case of a whole group of friends knowing something then there’s a danger you’ll start to alter your relationship to your friend if you keep this a group secret & that everyone is gonna feel uncomfortable. Plus he’s going to feel humiliating if/when he finds out not only that she cheated but that you all knew. He might even interpret it as you lot being some kind of an accessory or that you are in some way complicit

it’s a fucking tricky one but I’d still say you’re best keeping out of it and just giving your mate the general support he needs in order to fully equip him to handle his own relationship with his girlfriend. I think also that you all confronting her as a group of mates is a very bad idea if that’s what you’d been thinking.

Probably the most safe and sensitive way to do it is to either get Scott Mills to read it out on air, or hire a plane to write it in the sky above his house.

2 Likes

Depends on their situation. Do they own a place together? Do they have kids?

Or create one of those ‘my first is in bacon, but never in ham’ riddles and send it to them?

1 Like

I’d blackmail her, what? Someones got to get something positive out of it

What what

Was in this situation, told him, they’re now married.