Wrestlemania 34 official thread - Link for DiS Graps Chatroom inside for tonight

I think so, through the announce table. Maybe number 4 or 5. I can’t actually be sure though. Was a bit bored by all the F5ing

Watched the last two matches this morning; by numbers booking, bored by Lesner ages ago so not surprised I didn’t like that. Kid from the crowd as tag partner was a nice touch.

Put Takeover on since I’ve got this trial thing and I’m WFH today. I think if I were a wrestler who’s going to be in a ladder match, I’d probably spend a few weeks learning how to put up and climb step ladders like someone who’s not baffled by the concept, cutting my time to reach the belt by about 90%.

I am doing the same thing. Onto the women’s match. Both matches very good so far. Adam Cole is great.

I enjoy things like how tricky ladders are to climb in the world of wrestling. And how hard it is to crawl over and tag your mate in until that last little bit of ground.

I think Velveteen Dream may be dead.

1 Like

Im deadly hungover and rewatching Takeover

Mannnnnn
that was a great show

1 Like

I don’t imagine any of them felt great the next day really.

3 Likes

The ending of the womens match is inspired

1 Like

Just got to it, absolutely excellent.

Glad they’ve followed it up with this brilliant advert for Paige’s film.

1 Like

think they were determined not to like it (sounded like some people got beach balls out as soon as it started) but yeah I agree, should’ve been booked like the goldberg match last year

1 Like

Enjoying Nigel McGuinness on commentary too.

I can see why people find Brock running through people in a couple of minutes entertaining. I can’t fathom why anyone is interested in seeing him repeat the F5 and Suplex for 20 minutes.

yeah. it was good for that one cena match as a novelty, but they shouldn’t have used that as a template for all his matches going forwards

I think the crowd apathy didn’t really set in until it became clear it was going to be a finnisher spam match

ah ok. think that match could have gotten over at the end of idk battleground or something but after like the second f5 it was obvious this shit was tanking.

that said, I am v interested in what’s gonna happen with reigns (and cena) after this. as much as I wasn’t into either match I think they can build some potentially interesting storylines out of their respective failures

1 Like

Johnny Boy will surely be building up from this all time low to his record breaking world title win next year or whatever?

1 Like

Fuck knows what they do with Roman now. Hope they can reform the Shield again?

Yeah, not sure how they get around it with such a big roster and loads of talent waiting in NXT. I personally don’t mind the long shows at all sat at home, but with a lot of WWE style matches the perception of what’s good/bad ends up being largely down to crowd reaction, so it is a problem.

They are reformed, Ambrose is just injured (might be back tonight)

Think it was the suplex city stuff that did it. Wasn’t much of a reaction by the time they started with the finishers.

https://twitter.com/SendARavenPlz/status/983192173934821377

2 Likes