Wretched Wednesday Thread

Trying to put together some kind of furlough life schedule. Woke up at 8.30 and did 2 laps of the block. Feel quite refreshed, would recommend.

First day of college for my Patisserie course this afternoon. Getting through town is going to be hell on earth, isn’t it?

4 Likes

if you are struggling to get rid of all your practice patissies, you know where to find me

2 Likes

our garden has gone feral today - its a small garden tbut already two squirrels fighting for food and 2 giant rats

this is not good (except the squirrels)

When I had M I was kept in hospital for 3 days because no one got around to discharging me even though about 6 different nurses said they would. 3 days! I should have gone home the same day.

3 Likes

Grim that if I had the expendable cash to go private right now I would probably just fucking do it

On the plus side, had to drive into town for a bit and everything looked really lovely out

I can’t send things through my computer screen

Morning everyone :wave:
Was up through the night checking the news- at about 3am I was sat on my sofa in the dark eating a kitkat, just staring at my phone. Chugging one of those massive cans of red bull cause I’ve got therapy in a bit, which I imagine will just be me complaining about the state of the world and my therapist… agreeing.
I imagine within a few hours I’ll be aggressively overcompensating for how bad stuff feels by trying to be overly productive. Got loads of reading to do for my politics course, timed that well cause I’m :sparkles: :cupid: stupid :cupid: :sparkles:

Hope everyone is being kind to themselves atm xx

1 Like

my mum went private for an eye op after being told it was a six month wait on the NHS. Was booked in for yesterday. Self-isolated for two weeks, admitted, psyches herself up to get it done under local anaesthetic despite that being the more terrifying way to have your eye operated on, consents to it, gets prepped for surgery, doctor tells her they don’t have the bit of kit they need here so they’ll have to postpone until ???

2 Likes

Got many of those around the flat…?

3 Likes

Ah good. Might just die of whichever cancer is having a pop instead, just seems less hassle overall

1 Like

Feeling anxious as hell, trying to avoid the news and refuse to doom scroll. Rolo Tomassi have been getting me through the morning but I think I should just go to a beer garden with my book and try not to cry or something.

Fuck all of this.

:smiley: given away most of the chunkies tbf, but can’t seem to shift the regular ones. Might do that video today, proving my point.
I don’t even like kitkats eps

Nobody does, they merely settle for them

3 Likes

The same philosophy has gotten me through life so far tbh though. I am a human KitKat.

1 Like

the dream is that you’ll get a fabled solid chocolate kitkat

Never understood this, is that not just a yorkie??

yeah but yorkies aren’t fabled

2 Likes

The Fable of the Tapir and the Shrew by Aesop

There once was a tree in the woods and in the tree somehow lived a tapir and a shrew.
“Can’t wait to snarf the living shit out of this Kit Kat,” said the tapir.
“You fool,” said the shrew, “hoping that you will get solid chocolate when you could just eat a Yorkie like this that I am doing now”
All the other animals because there were other ones in this tree including a woodpecker, a little slug, and an adult Bengal tiger, they all laughed at the tapir and said he was a stupid twat with an embarrassing proboscis
The tapir, not to be saddened by mockery (and - as a card-carrying Liberal Democrat - actually accustomed to it) took a bite out of his Kit Kat and lo and behold it was solid chocolate
“Gah!” exclaimed the tapir, “Having poured my faith into eating all of these Kit Kats the solid chocolate only tastes better”
“Oh,” screamed the shrew modestly, “Now I see that I was wrong”
And then Jo Swinson ziplined into the tree and killed all the other animals for their insolence
“Thank you for murdering those animals” said the tapir, “Fucking love your party by the way”
“Don’t mention it,” winked Jo Swinson, “Some of them were squirrels”
And in the end the tapir lived happily ever after with a renewed sense of transcendental enlightenment

The moral of the story:

stop posting, manches

2 Likes

I had to go to hospital earlier in the year - realised I was staying overnight by the time it got to like 11pm and no-one had seen me, checked on me, or basically given me any information whatsoever. Was told at around 8:30 the next day I was being discharged. No-one came round to take the cannula out and discharge me until approximately 1pm. Was on a drip so couldn’t get a drink/go to the loo. Was a great laugh.