Writing to your MP

Nah, got the TERFy SNP one right now, basically no point.

A few times over the years. Most recently to ask her to get involved in a dispute with our housing association over dangerous cladding (which she did, to little/no effect)

Used to make a point of writing to candidates to find out where they stand on the stuff important to me but fuck that now.

1 Like

Written to my MP 4 times over the years. Twice she didn’t bother replying, the other two were boilerplate responses that didn’t address some of the things I asked about. It’s an utterly pointless endeavour, but I occasionally rouse myself.

1 Like

Am phased by the idea of being fobbed off by a caseworker or a canned response. In fairness Kevin Brennan is a good MP. On the flipside it’s practically my life’s new purpose to destroy the corrupt Tory sleazebag who just got the Bridgend seat but been hurling abuse at him online mainly.

Not but he has bought me a pint

I expect it was subsequently expensed and so you all bought me a pint, in a way

My round next, I guess?

GBOL Kev it seems.

1 Like

Moved from former-Libdem heartland which flipped Tory after some rentboys were involved… to Labour. Sure they’re both equally fucking useless. CBA.

I sent one to Neil Coyle calling him a “contemptuous and divisive snake” and “tragically snide” earlier this year, but forgot to put my address on it, meaning I didn’t get the satisfaction of a reply

2 Likes

I’ve never done it but I probably should.

My MP is fucking Michael fucking Fabricant though so I’d probably just get a signed dick pic as a reply.

I haven’t written to him before, but we do have a chat if we bump into each other in the High Road (which happens less often now, as he actually lives in the constituency of his wife, who is also an MP).

Spoke to John Whittingdale in Tesco on the day prior to the 2015 election, whilst he pushed a trolly containing 12 bottles of champagne

3 Likes

Wrote to some TDs about marriage equality and the Repeal the 8th campaigns and I have met them to speak about issues. I intend to step up being an annoyance now though, as our Councillors and TDs are fucking useless and I want to be a thorn in their sides.

I’m probably permanently on the blacklist for Mattie McGrath, a TD in my parents’ constituency, because I used to stop him in the street constantly and take him to ask about all sorts of horrible shit he said. He’s a right-wing, misogyinistic arsehole and Hell would be too good for him.

1 Like

don’t think I could do it without including death threats (Jeremy Hunt), so no.

1 Like

Some of my workday consists of pissing off Councillors and that’s the part of the job I enjoy the most.

1 Like

Apart from pissing off the police, which I enjoy even more.

I wrote to Mr Brine about old Dommy Cummings and his eyesight earlier in the year. Got a response that was basically a party line fleshed out a bit. Pointless

I think I did a template copy/paste jobbie to Brine a while back and got a standard response. Can’t remember what about. Civil partnerships maybe, IDK. I quite like the fella on a LOCAL level (and I really need to stress that), and he’s a reasonably alright chap to chat to about some diseased oak trees, a warning sign saying “caution: toads”, or a constantly overflowing drain, that kind of shite… but obviously he’s a Tory so can go fuck himself.

New MP is… [googling] Apsana Begum (Labour). Won the seat in December. No idea. Just assume half of labour hate the other half and will go on about it f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Kinda accept my lot on a local level and get on with work/mortgage/repeat, while saying FUCK THE TORIES. What’s the bloody point?

Really impressed with our Kev. Saw him at a hustings at St Cannas before the last election and he came across really well. Seems to genuinely care about local issues as well as the wider picture. Can see how he’s held onto the seat for the last 20 years

2 Likes

Written to mine a few times over the years. Tbf he always replies, but equally it’s always boilerplate party line Tory dogshit. His response to my Cummings letter is still unopened on the bookshelf. I knew exactly what it was going to say, and let’s be honest, we’re paying them to have to listen, even in the most superficial manner, to us, not the other way round.