WWYRBDRN?

Alright, top 5 franchises:

Zelda (up to twilight princess)
Final Fantasy 6-10 (not counting 8)
Silent hill 1-4 (even tho 4 is shit)
Resi 1-3
Metroid (all the 2d ones and metroidvanias like symphony of the night)

1 Like

Actually resident evil 4 might be more overhyped. Super brown world with no zombies and quick time events. Couldn’t make it past the first town (if there even is anything past the first town)

Hate when people play this card but it gets really good after about 6 hours by which time your retinas will be fried or used to it anyway

Why I oughtta!!

2 Likes

Epimer plays board games anyway so should be used to abstract shapes representing something else

1 Like

Smash bros
Resi
Metroid
Pes
Mario

Why was I shooting farmers to rescue the presidents daughter or something?

Oh what, and the other resi games are fucking Tolstoy novels?!

And they weren’t farmers, they were ganados

I played it on the wii in like 05 or something? So maybe it had been long enough that I’d forgotten that resident evil was really schlocky. The first and second ones scared the crap out of me as a child but I doubt they held up even then

The first few were pretty tongue in cheek B movie fodder though, the humour is completely absent from the later games

1 Like

Don’t know what that means but they definitely had pitchforks and farmery clothes

Resi 4 was ultimate b movie. One of the main bosses was a fucking medieval child zombie.

I’m going for a pint

1 Like

I feel like I’m gonna explode here

I thought about picking it up on pc and trying again to see if I was unfair to it as I saw it on sale for £3 but I need to finish FFVIII and red dead 2 first

Resi 1-4: all time greats
Resi 5 and 6: shite
Resi 7: not played but looks like it takes itself too seriously

Resi 7 felt like a mega CD interactive movie with the occasional QTE and just pure shite texas chainsaw massacre meets paranormal activity storyline, just dogshit

Cant believe it’s heralded as a return to form

1 Like

Looked like some hills have eyes Texas chainsaw massacre bullshit, so I steered clear, but I’m told it’s really good so idk

Why did they abandon the silent hill franchise btw. That game scared me shitless as a kid

and FFVII was definitely a time and place thing but it was leagues ahead of other RPGs of the time and it has the best music of the entire series and probably all of gaming (objective fact).