Y'aint gonna believe this, but Yeasayer are a going concern!

Presumed they’d split. 2080 was a tune eh?!

1 Like

Not that long since the last album which there was definitely some chat about on here

Odd blood was for me probably their best album. Always interested when a new album of appear by them.

1 Like

Loved All Hours Cymbals, but Odd Blood and subsequent releases left me pretty cold.

…and yes, 2080 was a proper tune.

1 Like

Agreed with Elights but their best moment was on the Dark Was the Night compilation.

3 Likes

enjoyed the first 2 a lot in different ways. they were a very interesting band on All Hour Cymbals and i guess they sort of abandoned that completely and became much less unique on Odd Blood, but it was so good i wasn’t too bothered.

third album was basically a less good version of the second though, despite couple of bangers. never got round to the last album.

1 Like

Definitely one of my favourite moments from watching Jools (also drummer reminds me of @Twinkletoes ) ((also also 240p wows))

3 Likes

Wow, bet the singer is proper jealous Future Islands got that silly dancing over instead of them

1 Like

used to have a great live album from the Odd Blood tour, used to a free download on their website, recorded in Belgium. lost it ages ago and have never been able to find it again. boo-urns.

fucking loved this

1 Like

Not any more they aren’t

Never got round to listening to the new one actually. Not sure I got round to the last one either but I’d wondered at the time if the title Amen & Goodbye was a sign of something (but it wasn’t obv)

Every album they made is worse then the previous one. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

1 Like

But wasn’t that first one just fucking glorious? 2080, wait for the summer, sunrise, no need to worry, red cave.

Shame they never topped it. Still quite sad about this though.

4 Likes

*y’ain’t