Yard Act

He was in glamour girls and menace beach.

I like the new track but it’s not as good as the first ep stuff.

Aye, in this piece’s context I just meant the snarky “they’re no the Fall, are they?” comments. Even MES would have said the world needs to move on.

1 Like

Definitely is same name just had a google on yahoo he’s in the excellent Holodrum and all.

fixer upper is brill

4 Likes

And the hits keep on coming…

I got a chuckle out of one reply admittedly

When someone says “done much better by mark e smith” and someone else said “to be fair also done much worse by mark e smith”

5 Likes

All three of them were! :+1:

New track. It’s a bit too ‘wacky’ for me, bordering on annoying, but I sort of like they exist?

Singer could get annoying pretty quickly (and I’m from Yorkshire, originally !) I do like some of his lyrics, however remain largely unconvinced by a lot of the “tunes”.

Latest track (album was originally scheduled for today but put back two weeks)

3 Likes

So they’ve sold out their whole tour (basically) off the back of 4 songs, and I managed to totally miss them? Annoying!

Rich is good fun so far

8 songs if you add the various “singles” that were combined as the Dark Days e.p. which includes their two best songs to date (Fixer Upper and Dark Days).

Oh missed that one, just saw the newer EP

Finally listening to them for the first time and I really like this

1 Like

Wonder why one of the guys is always wearing a hat in his photos. Does he think he’s Badly Drawn Boy?

1 Like

Put off listening to them for ages because of how I suspected they sounded. Just listened to Fixer Upper and it turns out I was entirely correct, not for me at all.

2 Likes

Album out tomorrow.

Very mixed reviews across user communities like AOTY and RateYourMusic, a bit like the Self Esteem record from last year. Personally, I think it’s great - which is just as well really!

2 Likes

They’re ok.

It’s a good thing Black Country New Road sacked off the spoken word vocals now that there’s loads of bands that do it better than them