Ye olde Christmas eve thread 🎄 🎄 🎄

Picking something up from the sorting office, then a big bike ride, obv. Bit windy tho, might abort.

Wave at me across the Solent please Eric.

1 Like

Just up and leaving my sisters to go home :fireworks:

Warning to all, don’t talk politics and don’t throw stones. :trumpet:

My partner and I spend Christmas apart because our families live too far away and too many people would be too upset if we didn’t go to our respective homes, so we have “our” Christmas this morning.

Exchanged presents - she got me a Harry Potter t-shirt and a Phish t-shirt, so my coolness points just skydived again and I could not be happier. She also got me Zadie Smith’s latest and a ticket to see a bunch of Grateful Dead veteran auxiliaries play Live Dead in full next year - SUPREMELY nerdy gifts, she’s amazing!

Later I’m getting a train to Liverpool and I intend to read A Christmas Carol again on the way, and I’m really looking forward to having a pint when I change at Crewe. Tonight will be the usual perfect, dimly lit evening with my mum, brother, and sister. Cannot wait.

3 Likes

like i said last night, my main goal today is to take a nice picture of the dog in a santa suit.

11 Likes

Hey, well done NED!
Is your sobriety something you’re gonna continue? Or was it a one year trial run?

1 Like

I’m working from 10 to 2 in a stationary shop, so will probably serve many panicked dissers buying wrap and stuff. But from 2 I’m free to go home and exploit my parents generosity with food and booze and do christmas shit.

1 Like

Im off to Shrewsburg today. Cant see much drinking happening :frowning:

Thank you :grinning: I’d never say never, but no plans to change from how things are right now!

1 Like

Drunk wrapping is the best and it’s the (last minute) thought that counts - Godspeed KW :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also; make sure you eat some food and don’t drink a bottle of gin :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Thanks, will do - hopefully you get things bought and wrapped up sooner than expected!

Today is Christmas is Germany (and many other places) and I’m having a panic attack! Yay!

It’s a big thing - well done.

1 Like

Club Mate can supplement any drink or drug, you’ll be sound :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Bit hungover from my work Xmas meal last night. My office is so weird and cliquey that I had drinks with various members of the social sciences and ESOL departments between 2-6 and then had a meal with people from Maths and IT and retired members of those departments.

Wor Lass and I are exchanging gifts today, I think. Going to have to wrap them before that happens.

First of 5 days off work. No plans to leave the flat or wash during that time. Merry christmas.

1 Like

Might see if I can get a haircut and a shave somewhere. That’s about it. Fed up already.

checks calendar

Wrapping presents, baking cakes and dropping gifts around to our neighbours today.

I like having Christmas Day on a Sunday - it means that Christmas eve is like a buffer between work and the festive period.

Just survived an emergency pistachio run into town

2 Likes

my farts are smelling really bad and coming out easy.

3 Likes