Yellowjackets - season 2 out now! (please blur spoilers)

Up to ep 5 and loving it so far.

I came for the Lost-Lord of the Flies vibes, but I stay for the Christina Ricci Juliette Lewis odd couple amateur detective pairing.

1 Like

Last ep is on now TV now

2 Likes

Halfway through this, really enjoying it. Plenty of good 90s references, entertaining storyline, not a clue whatā€™s going to happenā€¦

1 Like

Very excited for this! Going to save it for this evening. It feels like a bonus episode as I really thought e09 was the last one :laughing:

2 Likes

My armoire, itā€™s too big, I should have taken measurements

3 Likes

This is very similar to the wilds isnā€™t it

Finished it

Really enjoyed it. Cast were all fantastic.

Bit worried itā€™s going to ā€˜do a Lostā€™ though

Loved it all the way through until I realised they werenā€™t going to finish the story. So frustrating.

1 Like

Yes! Really strange and completely unexpected. Was very effective with the pre-death fantasy scene too. Made me surprisingly very sad for her

My goodness, Misty was particularly amazing in this one!
Good series. The cast really make it though I must say

The issue I have with this show is every time weā€™re spending time in one timeline, I find myself more intrigued by the other one. However, this means I am really intrigued by both. Its a conundrum

Just finished it. Loved it!

Was sure throughout the first 9 episodes that Jackie was somehow going to turn up alive but guess not!

Itā€™s brilliantly cast - especially the adults. Melanie Lynskey is absolutely wonderful.

1 Like

A couple of episodes earlier Taissa said that freezing to death is like falling asleep :frowning:

ā€˜Hotel Caligulaā€™ :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I think Taissaā€™s definitely affiliated with Lottieā€™s cult. The shrine was a blood sacrifice, like Travisā€™s murder. And the fixer lady told Misty she knew what happened to Travis, probs because Taissa is in on it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m half way through this. Itā€™s ok. Seems like a mix between Lost, Pretty Little Liars and some other stuff. Itā€™s ok. Just realised that Anna Waronker does the into theme. I was a fan of That Dog and their Retreat From The Sun album.

1 Like

How much plane crash stuff is in this show pls?
I want to watch but have a huge phobia and donā€™t need to be triggered at the moment. Iā€™m okay with a scene or two but donā€™t want any jarring flashbacks.

I gave up on this half way through. Thereā€™s a second series and I canā€™t be arsed with another flashback Lost-esque series. Good cast but series link deleted.

Wasnā€™t feeling the start but im definitely caught up in it all now. Fun mysteries, good crunchy violence, nicely weird, some good friendship and relationships. Thoughts up to end of ep 8

Summary

Do wish we hadnā€™t seen Misty leading the cult in the first episode, feel like we didnā€™t know them enough for it to be impactful then and would be a fun thing to build to. But then sheā€™s been so creepy in the present day scenes I guess it would have been easy to guess. That lady she has kidnapped is far too chill!

Love Melanie Lynsky ofc but didnā€™t buy the way the affair was playing out - crazy risky and blatant and I just donā€™t feel like it fit with her character to do it that way?

Annoyed that thereā€™s a S2 as Iā€™m horny for limited series that tell one complete story, but canā€™t blame them for wanting to tell more of their story

Not sure I like Juliette Lewis as an actor though tbh, which I didnā€™t realise til last night

The start of episode 2 is pretty full on, Iā€™d maybe get your bf to watch that bit and skip ahead for you as I assume heā€™ll know if its tolerable for you or not. Thereā€™s some more in like episode 8 ish very briefly