Yoga with Adriene - January 30 day journey (CENTRE)

I’ll be doing this again if anyone wishes to join me? The theme this year is CENTRE. This will be my third year doing the January 30 day journey and I’m excited.

If anyone thinks they might be interested but isn’t sure, I’d really encourage you to give it a go. It’s perfect if you’re completely new to yoga too.

• IN
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

Yeah go on then. Did it a bit over lockdown (someone else though not Adrienne)

1 Like

Yes. Was great help people doing it on here last year.

:woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Was going to redo the one from last year anyway - didn’t realise there was a new one - so I am very much IN

2 Likes

Yesss was about to ask who’s up for this

Did last years and then did about 3 yoga sessions in the subsequent 11 months, excited to do the same again

4 Likes

Today is day 0, a 10 minute video introduction to the journey (no yoga today).

oh god not her again
im glad the dogs still there though

?

:smiley: Nowt against her really, just tried this last year and her monologues started to drive me loopy because she never finished a sentence.

2 Likes

That’s the best bit

1 Like

Day 1 -show up

• Day 1 completed

0 voters

2 Likes

I struggled through that. Wasn’t expecting it to be 33 minutes long but feel better for doing it.

Might not end up doing every day like last year but will try my best without stressing about it.

1 Like

I really felt it in my arms, shoulders and wrists!

Gonna make a start on it tomorrow, catch up a day somewhere along the way.

1 Like

Day 2 - Listen (25 mins)

• completed

0 voters

Ooh I did day one this morning (well done everyone who started on a bank holiday - you’ve more will power than me) but I didn’t spot DiS was doing it again this year!

I felt it this morning. Pretty much everywhere. I’ll be happy if I can get to the end and feel just a little less broken.

1 Like

I struggle with this too. And my heels never touch the floor. I try not to worry too much and do my best and hope over time these things will just start happening.

3 Likes

Yeah I also struggle with this and my heels don’t touch the floor either @letterfortheking

When she says to push away from the mat I interpret that as just trying to put more of the weight into my arms and shoulders (but no idea if that is correct). In my mind, it is pushing into the mat, rather than away from it so I have no idea!

2 Likes

Gonna give this a crack again and if I manage to get halfway through I’ll count it as a win

I’d enjoy yoga way more if there wasn’t so much downward dog involved

5 Likes