You and the killing of insects

CHEESE. LOG.

2 Likes

Would probably try and shoo out a bee but pretty much any bug in the house will freak out at least one member of the family so we’re pretty casual on the killing front. Have one of the electric tennis racket fly swatters that is quite brutal (literally produces sparks when you get them) in a weirdly fascinating / satisfying way.

Was sweeping up the other day and saw a dead moth on the floor so swept it towards the pile - except it wasn’t dead! There soon followed a comic scene of me trying to whack it with the soft end of the broom before I finally got it out the front door. Fuck moths.

Always a worry with butterflies, they’re just not the brightest.

I rescued this big fellow that had escaped out of the butterfly room in an aquarium we go to a few times a year. Was very weird when I looked down and it was licking me with its tongue!

This post paid for by PROF$.

7 Likes

Ahh you mean monkeypeas!

4 Likes

I’d be down with @Epimer fighting a cow to the death so that’s two.

Regular reminder the welsh word for woodlouse translates to ‘‘pig of the trees’’.
Calling them tree pigs is pretty satisfying.

3 Likes

:smiley: this is excellent

3 Likes

Harlequin ladybirds are problematic - they’re the grey squirrel of the ladybird world.

Louse in the sheets

4 Likes

Yes but it’s one word ffs

Ah fucked it. I’m not changing it you all know what I meant to quote

5 Likes

leave the grey lads out of this pls

1 Like

sometimes i hoover them up which doesn’t kill them, they get a little holiday in the hoover before they get moved on to their forever home in the outside bin

Kermitwormit is a piglouse in the sheets

1 Like

Will only kill a mosquito if it gets up in my grill at night and stops me from sleeping

This is one of those threads where nobody reads anyone else’s posts isn’t it

3 Likes

Bees and spiders always live.

Have had a problem with clothes moths across our last two homes (not sure if we took them with us or just bad luck twice), they are killed on sight - at it’s worst I would kill them with my bare hands - because they are too frequent to shoo carefully.

Flies, wasps, daddy long legs - will remove carefully if it’s convenient but I would have no concerns with squishing or zapping one.

i do.

1 Like

genuinely the most distressing invasion

1 Like

Genuinely can’t remember ever being around a mosquito.

4 Likes

So it’s YOU who’s been writing that graffiti!!

3 Likes