You are at a shit local alternative night circa 1998 to 1999

Tbf I forgot my ID one night as a student and the bouncer let me in because I seemed polite

00:30 3 song dance mix, featuring…

2 Likes

This is the positive of hitting 5ft9 by age 13. Definitely makes up for all those rude comments about being “man sized” and pe teachers constantly trying to force you to sign up for hurdles.

oooh ooh 1998 I have one

6 Likes

if I wasn’t 11 years old, I’d be having flashbacks of tidying the bar at horrible am

1 Like

I will be at home painting my model planes like every night but you guys have fun

2 Likes

More like:

• Firestarter or Breathe
  • a Chemical Brothers song with Noel Gallagher or Tim Burgess
  • Bankrobber by Audioweb (to piss off the Clash fans)
    then segueing back into the indie with a bit of Fools Gold
6 Likes

This always plays. There are several kids who unfortunately try to copy Max Cavalera’s fashion style despite being pasty kids from provincial towns in the UK

5 Likes

Topical to the music board

5 Likes

Your mate dragged you along. You’re not sure about this.

wow her hair is so 1999

I mean, I am assuming lots of women had the Trinity in The Matrix do from this

1 Like

This is what gave me the idea

1 Like

This is plausible - I’m probably wearing a cable knit sweater and will have a snakebite and black thanks

I was also born in 1985 and the first time I went to anything resembling an indie night would have been late 2004

🤷

2 Likes

Yes plz

1 Like

There are multiple kids who desperately want to be Brian Molko.

There is also at least one goth who has come as the Crow. Quality and success of the costume varies.

4 Likes

Hi Mr DJ, can you play Beers, Steers & Queers? No? Head Like A Hole? No? Temple Of Love? No? Jesus Built My Hotrod? No?

THIS CLUB IS SHIT!!!

[Sulks off home]

[Slight Return plays in background…]

2 Likes

Was probably doing karaoke to this in Old Mary’s

4 Likes

would’ve been an interesting conclusion if keanu reeves warped into a semisonic video by the end of the trilogy

I was a very open-minded child so I recognise and appreciate this from taping it off the Top 40