You are cordially invited to Dine with DiS 🍽 🍷 SECOND ROUND #75

Wooo! Actually I’m not sure I have much more in me I’ll have to work out how to appeal to all bases.

Thought I was on to a winner saying there would be dogs but lost me a vote from pervo!

4 Likes

I think I’m going to have a go at (an imitation of) your vegetable wellington at the weekend! Sounds divine!

2 Likes

that was the bit that convinced me it wasn’t you

where you getting these dogs from?

Niiice, show us when done please :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of @HGATR’s favourite jazz singers, I believe.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Congratulations @laelfy! I’d happily celebrate your win at your victory dinner party!

:tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Thought A had this in the bag, was surprised to see it last (I was too late to vote)

I still think @ma0sm should be forced to evidence that he can actually create his menu :no_mouth:

5 Likes

This is a fantasy dinner party isn’t it?

I purposefully omitted mushrooms and prawns with you in mind!

1 Like

Your thoughtfulness has been noted :heart:

1 Like

I volunteer to be the browniegeddons official taste tester…

2 Likes

I didn’t really read the thread properly to be fair

The second group of challengers arrive! Who will join @laelfy in the final? Voting closes at 4pm.

HOST D:

Starter
Prawn & pork belly or tofu summer rolls, chilli-vinegar and hoi-sin-peanut butter dipping sauces

Main
Steak or tofu & grapefruit salad, with rocket, toasted cashews, mint, coriander, and a dressing of ginger garlic, chilli, soy sauce, fish sauce and honey

Dessert
Coconut ice cream (dairy free), lime sorbet and salt & chilli peanut brittle

Drinks
Gewürztraminer all round. Ca Phe Sua Da (iced Vietnamese strong dark coffee with condensed milk) to finish

Ambience
Crisp and clean white tablecloth with a bright red runner; rolled bamboo placemats, chopsticks (knife and fork available on request).

HOST E:

Starter
Quinoa, mango and halloumi salad. Feel the health flow through you as you chow down on a vibrant mix of juicy mango, tart lemon juice, fresh mint and faintly bitter quinoa, each morsel of halloumi feeling like buried treasure in your mouth. Mmm, yeah, you chomp on that cheese.

Main
Paneer butter masala with basmati rice and shop bought naans. This sumptuous homemade curry comes with a scattering of coriander and thick cream drizzled seductively across the top, served with fluffy rice and pillowy Sainsburys own brand naans. Sure, you’ve already had cheese with your starter, but you can never have too much, even if it means your host has been driven to madness frying endless batches of paneer.

Dessert
Lemon posset with sugared shortbread. This fresh and light dessert will cleanse your palate, even though there’s so much sugar in it you’ll be calling yourself ‘daddy’ by the end of the night.

Drinks
Rhubarb and ginger gin mixed with lemonade for alkies, fresh pink lemonade for teetotallers. All drinks to be served in Queen Elizabeth II mugs claimed from the host’s family for ironic reasons.

Ambience
You walk into the flat, lit by twinkling lights and candles, and are hit by a mix of the scent of pink grapefruit from the candles and delicious curry simmering in the kitchen. The heady aromas make you feel sensual and alive. The dress code is ‘all clothes bright and beautiful’, and look, you and the other guests have made a rainbow with your outfits! Doesn’t that boost your mood? Rainbows are awesome.

Early noughties pop music plays softly in the background amid the lively conversations you, your fellow guests and your host are indulging in, particularly a vigorous debate on which member of Blue is the best. There is a slideshow on the television of rodent pictures. It is extremely cute and relaxing to look at.

Between the main course and dessert, the host introduces Alcoholic Uno, with shots for every pick-up card. “Do we have to drink?” asks a guest. “Can we play something else?” Your host offers you a game of Countdown. Suddenly, everyone feels much more excited by the prospect of alcoholic Uno. You serve a draw 4 card on your host and before you know it, the noughties pop music has been cranked up and you’re all slut-dropping and singing along to It Wasn’t Me by Shaggy ft Rik Rok.

HOST F:

Starter
Yellow split pea soup with toasted sourdough and farmhouse butter

Main
Roast celeriac with bitter leaves, raisin purée and pistachios

Pudding
White whip and lemon curd with shortbread biscuits

Drinks
2013 La Soufandiere Pouilly-Vinzelles (for the first course), 2003 Paul Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle (for the main course), 1997 Taylor’s Vintage Port (for the dessert)

Ambience
Weather permitting, pre-dinner cocktails will be served on the balcony to take in that famous view. And after dinner, guests are invited to retreat to the lounge area, where there will be cheese (obviously) and a choice of whiskies.

Vote for your preferred dinner party

• HOST D
  • HOST E
  • HOST F

0 voters

I think we can all agree that a ‘guess who’ poll for this round is entirely superfluous, but our contestants are @aboynamedgoo @Octobadger and @pervo

Vote and discuss!

D all the way. I love the D. Big D energy here. Literally sounds perfect. D for Dinner.

D - @Octobadger
E - @pervo
F - @aboynamedgoo

Would bet my life savings on it

6 Likes

:drooling_face:

Can I have F’s starter and E’s main. Happy to eat everyone’s pudding.

1 Like

Really keen to try this.

You had me with rhubarb and ginger but lost me with gin :pensive: