You are going way for a few days: a poll thread

Assume the trip is longer than overnight but not so long that you’ll have time to do laundry anywhere.

Number of pants packed

• 0 (xylo option)
  • Fewer than number of days of trip (filthy animal option)
  • Same as number of days of trip (likes to live dangerously option)
  • Number of days of trip +1 (seasoned traveler option)
  • More than this (I like to have options option)

0 voters

Pairs of socks packed

• 0 (hippy option)
  • Fewer than number of days of trip (filthy animal option)
  • Same as number of days of trip (likes to live dangerously option)
  • Number of days of trip +1 (seasoned traveler option)
  • More than this (I like to have options option)

0 voters

3 Likes

Interesting pants/socks divergence already. Explain yourselves.

You never know what might happen!! As demonstrated above ^^

1 Like

My feet sweat more than my crotch.

3 Likes

I like to have different sock thickness options too. You’ve been walking about all day in thin socks/tights, putting on some thick socks when you get in is like wearing slippers :blush:

3 Likes

Good point. Going away in the UK at this time of year a range of sock thicknesses is essential.

1 Like

This is also important on a break. What if I’m strolling about a lot during the day then out for a fancy dinner at night? Different footwear requirements = different sock requirements.

More likely to shit myself than to make a mess of my socks.

(Serious answer: if I’m going somewhere warm I might not need socks every day. But I’ll wear boxers every day)

1 Like

You people have a lot of sock… needs…

1 Like

Why would I need more pairs of pants than days? How often do you people shit yourselves?!

1 Like

Check your lack of IBS privilege

5 Likes

Oh shit yeah, I forgot about house socks / walking socks. Epimer, can you please give a bit more information about the trip. Where am I staying? What is the temperature likely to be? Am I going to be required to do anything outdoorsy?

I have IBS as it happens. It’s never required emergency underwear. Apologies to those who have it worse than me though.

If it was hot or I was changing my clothes for the evening I’d definitely want to change my pants too.

1 Like

If you’re not changing socks and pants every day, you’re a rotter.

2 Likes

2 Likes

How many tights will you bring with you? I’d bring less than I would socks. I’m more willing to wear tights for more than one day if I have to, don’t tell anyone tho.

• Big suitcase that covers every eventuality but will be a pain to lug around
  • Tiny backpack

0 voters

* Tory wanker holdall

2 Likes