You don’t have to get to the airport two hours before a flight

The thing is, I’m really disorganised, which makes me even warier of forgetting stuff so I spend literally hours making sure EVERYTHING is in there.

Still freak out about 3 times during check-in.

Half the time I’m panicking about having lost my passport and it’s in my hand.

1 Like

“WHAT IF I BROUGHT MY OLD PASSPORT?”

“Wait no, I didn’t.”

10 minutes later

“BUT WHAT IF I BROUGHT MY OLD PASSPORT?”

7 Likes

Too many likes on this post now

got a message from a recent flight that due to longer queues you should arrive at the airport at least 2.5 hours before your flight. not a problem for me, i’d do that anyway.

get to the airport and they wouldn’t let us check bags in til about 90 mins before the flight :grimacing: this … is… fiiiiiiiiine :grimacing:

1 Like

marry me

1 Like

clench-scared

2 Likes

You know what really fucking irks me? What are boarding passes so big? They should be the same size as passports so I can the pass inside it.

7 Likes

Rescinded mine

Wait no it won’t let me!

1 Like

quite like having a big boarding pass - you can still put it “in” your passport, but can also still see it easily so you know it’s there and not at home somehow

1 Like

Those boarding passes you sometimes get that seem to be made of tracing paper instead of card though… :grimacing:

I still don’t really know how airports work, I just sort of walk around and eventually everything just seems to sort itself out. Plus there’s pubs there, don’t see the problem really (except the people, the decor, general feeling of oppression).

A Greggs airport contract can’t be far away can it. Pray to see it in my lifetime :pray:

But they don’t fit in my passport bag/folder thing without being folded, are too long to go in a pocket…it’s just bad design!

1 Like

Do you mean, a Greggs in an airport? If so, get yersel up to Newcastle. One outside international arrivals. Always used to grab a cheese savoury stottie on my return home. Damn i miss those stotties

Will be exclusively travelling through Newcastle henceforth.

3 Likes

Appreciate the thought anyway

1 Like

and a very high number of pub blokes too

I mean yeah the 45mins has a good chance of missing a flight. But I go 1.30 before and have never missed a flight and almost always had time for a beer before the flight as well. 2hours is just excessive for most airports.

But Airports do change. Manchester is a nightmare. Generally UK airports are horrid.

they’ve changed a lot recently cos they fucked off all their staff and now can’t get anyone to return