You get a phone call from your mum

You’re just having general chit-chat and she says “oo, I had some of those Mark Mulhacy cherries yesterday. They were lovely.”
You say “what? Mark Mulhacy cherries?”
She says “yeah, it’s a new cultivar of cherry from America. Got some from the co op, you should try them”
You reply “Never heard of them. Mark Mulhacy was the singer of The Miracle Legion though. Well, he has the same name”
“Never heard of them”
“You’d like them, they sound a bit like REM”
After the call you think to yourself that’s odd.
So you go in google and search Mark Mulhacy. All the results are about the cherry cultivar and articles singing their praises. It seems your mum was right; these are indeed delicious cherries.
Confusing though. You search The Miracle Legion and nothing to do with a band comes up. Afterwards you go on Spotify where you’re sure you had saved The Miracle Legion’s first EP. Nope, nothing. ‘Hey Self Defeater’ isn’t on Spotify either, you swear you’d listened to it a few times.
Confused you make a Facebook post asking if anyone is a fan of The Miracle Legion or Mark Mulhacy. The only replies you get are about the cherries. It’s getting late so you call it a night, but it’s eating at the back of your mind.
You’re woken up the next morning by a phone call. You answer to a gruff American accent.
“You’ve been Mulhacied mate”

He’s got you. Your mum was in on it, the web people at google were in on it, Spotify was in on it, all your Facebook friends were in on it. You’ve been well and truly Mulhacied.

Three months later his new album is out and it’s a solid 7/10.

28 Likes

Quite like the word ‘cultivar’

5 Likes

This is your magnum opus.

3 Likes

This has well and truly done me :joy::joy::joy:

now thats what i call a jordan thread

4 Likes

Its because you were googling the wrong name pal.

Mark Mulcahy is the Miracle Legion singer. Mark Mulhacy is the cherry cultivater.

3 Likes

Having mastered the short-form, he turns his hand to the long-form. A thrilling development.

7 Likes

You’ve been Mulcahied, @Scout

2 Likes

Dickensian storytelling. Beautiful.

1 Like

Wait, can I say what I do yet?

INVENTORY

Indeed I have…

537572_10152354730185323_1402132147_n

6 Likes

I really like that Hey Self Defeater song, I have it on a cd compilation song

I’ve never heard any of his other stuff though

And I hate glace cherries

Lovely

is there anyone you haven’t met

I’ve not met you Juke. You’re top of the list.

1 Like

Mine too

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

tldr

Mulhacy’s Gone Festive!

@Scout

1 Like