You have £1000 to promote a new single, how would you spend it?

Id give it to the band. Theyd lrobably need it and itd generate nore reve ue than a single ever could with that kind of promotion bydget

i’d pay this new AI that gives you amazing marketing advice such as ‘this song is doing well on tiktok - it might do well on spotify!’

https://www.universalmusic.com/ingrooves-issued-third-ai-ml-music-marketing-patent/

on sweets.

1 Like

A grand would buy you 148 blue tick accounts for a month

Could do a lot of damage …I mean promo, with that

2 Likes

I’ve got a

IT DOESNT MATTER

2 Likes

I’d eat a rotisserie chicken every day for 50 days. Probably wouldn’t even mention the single, just fancy having a crack at the chicken thing

3 Likes

Lots of drugs. Work in a hospital - if I turn up absolutely shitted up on MDMA and ketamine and strip naked whilst trying to see patients it will make the papers - as I’m being hauled away by the police I will screech the name of my single at bemused members of the public and press, who will print it.

The inevitable GMC (and perhaps criminal) hearings that follow will provide a further outlet for promotion.

Essentially, go full Pete Doherty.

3 Likes

So when are we getting our £1k then? I’m raring to go!

3 Likes

I’d probably hire a decent PR agent to generate interest from music publications, stations and playlists. I don’t think a video is that important until the single starts building interest.