You know when you book and take time off from work

“Going anywhere nice?”
“No, just Pyongyang actually, thought I’d check out some labour camps”

2 Likes

annual leave on my out of office

holiday when spoken

thanks for another great thread

1 Like

Just you wait till you see what I’ve got lined up for after lunch.

2 Likes

You can call me A.L.

8 Likes

i think i might try and sleep now so time goes faster

1 Like
  • always say “annual leave”
  • just say leave

0 voters

I never say either of those things.

2 Likes

Using some “BT”

We have Benefit Time, which is a combo of holiday and sick leave. It used to be fairly common at industrial/shift type jobs but apparently it’s now super rare. Every time we negotiate a contract the county tries to take it from us but that’s never happening. It’s a sweet deal.

On leave is when you go to Central America to sleep with some sex workers and throw shot glasses at the wall in a drunken rage

1 Like

oh

When I was in my first job on a 0 hours contract, all the full time staff would be like “I’m on annual leave next week” and me and the other 0 hours legends would always gossip about it like “clearly not annual is it? They’re off every couple of months. Something stinks to high heaven here”

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: i was listening to an elvis song at the time of replying so was deep in a military mindset

1 Like

It’s not an issue, I just need to tell the family that we won’t be driving to Cornwall tomorrow morning as planned. I’m sure it’ll be fine, and that they’ll have just as much fun as me.

1 Like

AWOL

2 Likes

I tell you what, I used to be dreadful at booking leave in my old old job due to the amount of work I had and having that constant “only I know how to do this” mantra even though my colleague could cover for me perfectly well. My Manager would always announce it really loudly in the office if I had booked any like it was discovering some new species or something. That actually put me off booking time off because I found it so embarrassing. Imagine that, being embarrassed about actually taking days off because your manager was a complete thundercunt.

Fucking hell.

3 Likes

Seen a lot of ‘PTO’ recently

Not having it. Far too HR for me

1 Like

‘off’

2 Likes

my first post-uni job called it this. i thought it might have been an American thing as it was an American company

friend of mine works there now and uses ‘PTO’ outside of work, to the confusion of other people. don’t like it.

“I’m off on Friday”

“Can’t do it next week, I’m off”

Off.

1 Like

What is this?