You’ve been Banksied mate

finally, a tagline i can be proud of

3 Likes

just find his schtick increasingly tiresome

would not be all that surprised if he started painting flat earth messages everywhere

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: does it matter all that much? idk really, thought it was all pretty funny

Yeah I don’t really disagree with any of that that, but I still found this pretty funny.

1 Like

(and wanted to add that I think Banksy is a vacuous prick because I don’t think I made that v clear before)

1 Like
18 Likes

William Banksinsky - The Shredding Loops

4 Likes

Not staged.

This the standard setup for a high profile art auction. The people in the photo are Sotheby’s employees relaying with phone bidders.

was it plugged in, didn’t they buy it in 2007, could a battery last that long

reminds me of the time my Kasabian CD detonated and took my CD player and roof with it

4 Likes

How many of our own frames might start doing this??

7 Likes

According to the backstory it was acquired in 2006 but that may well haven been incorrect, and part of the prank.

1 Like

I’ve just started framing confidential information I don’t need any more instead

8 Likes

its a shame I literally don’t believe anything nowadays, just see everything as an attempt to go viral

hope the buyer sues banksy for criminal damage

hands him a shredded cheque

3 Likes

I read this as “You’ve been banished mate” and was hoping this might be the start of some sort of text based group rpg on the boards.

@banks y

3 Likes

I think it’s hilarious. He has always been a cut above the 1000s of imitators who follow him in his wake. As Xylo says these people trying to latch on to stencilling. Bambi is an example of over promoted under talented imitators.

Also, he does a lot for charity and raising awareness etc. The hotel on the West Bank, raising funds for different causes.

Donated a few pieces to graffiti artists that have been given custodial sentences too.