Your experiences with famous sayings and expressions

• I have had a bird in my hand
  • I have never had a bird in my hand

0 voters

If you answered “I have had a bird in my hand” in the previous poll, then please also vote in the next poll

• While holding the bird in my hand, I have been tempted 2 birds that were elsewhere, for example, in a bush.
  • While holding the bird in my hand, I have not been tempted 2 birds that were elsewhere, for example, in a bush.
  • I have never had a bird in my hand

0 voters

If you answered “While holding the bird in my hand, I have been tempted 2 birds that were elsewhere, for example, in a bush.” in the previous poll, then please also vote in the next poll

• I released the bird in my hand in order to pursue the two other birds, which may or may not have been in a bush.
  • I did not release the bird in my hand in order to pursue the two other birds, which may or may not have been in a bush.
  • I have never been in this situation

0 voters

If you answered “I released the bird in my hand in order to pursue the two other birds, which may or may not have been in a bush.” in the previous poll, then please also vote in the next poll

• I was successful in capturing two more birds, once the initial bird had been released
  • I was successful in capturing one more bird, once the initial bird had been released
  • I was unsuccessful in capturing any more birds, once the initial bird had been released

0 voters

If you answered either “I was successful in capturing two more birds, once the initial bird had been released” or “I was successful in capturing one more bird, once the initial bird had been released” in the previous poll, then please also vote in the next poll

• I would have been more successful if I had kept the initial bird in my hand while persuing the other birds
  • The bird in my hand would not have had an influence in my success to capture any more birds
  • Releasing the bird from my hand made it more difficult to capture any more birds

0 voters

After completing these polls, how relatable do you find the saying “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?”

10 is Extremely Relatable, 1 is Extremely Unrelatable

0 voters

1 Like

He’s got the whole bird, in his hand.
He’s got the whole wide bird, in his hand.

3 Likes

Have you ever pulled a funny face?

• Yes
  • No
  • Can’t remember
  • Not applicable

0 voters

At any time you have done this, did the wind change direction while you were holding your expression, to your knowledge?

• Yes
  • No
  • Uncertain
  • Not applicable

0 voters

If you have experienced this, were you able to change your expression again afterwards?

• Yes
  • No
  • Uncertain
  • Not applicable

0 voters

Based on these polls, how relatable do you find the expression “If the wind changes, you’ll stay like that!” when said to someone pulling a funny face?

0 voters

• I have made a pudding and put a proof inside it.
  • You’ve got the saying wrong dickhead

0 voters

Have you ever “taken one”?

• Yes
  • No
  • Uncertain
  • Not applicable

0 voters

On any time that you have “taken one”, have you also been able to “know one”?

• Yes
  • No
  • Uncertain
  • Not applicable

0 voters

Have you ever been able to “know one”, without having “taken one” first?

• Yes
  • No
  • Uncertain
  • Not applicable

0 voters

Based on these polls, how relatable do you find the expression “Takes one to know one”?

0 voters

• Smelled one and dealt one
  • Smelled one and not dealt one
  • Not smelled one but have dealt one
  • Neither a smeller nor a dealer be

0 voters

[Actual science going here everyone. Finally we will know the truth, statistically proven!]

All 4

1 Like

There’s no “All of the above”

I was teaching about absurdity yesterday and I think I said “pigs can’t fly”

No one seemed to notice so hey ho

4 Likes