Your Fave 90s Dance Anthems?

Posting so I remember to think of some. As a clubber when I went out I preferred more face melting hard trance and techno but some bangers above.

It’s probably 80s but Joe Smooth - Promised Land is one of the most beautiful life affirming tracks of all time.

1 Like

Been wanting to run this poll for some time. Best version?

Source ft Candi Staton - U Got the Love

• 1991 version
  • 1996 version

0 voters

2 Likes

This and Safri Duo - Played a-live (bongo song) on repeat

Has anyone made this thread into a Spotify playlist yet?

2 Likes

Hush children, Daddies speaking.

1 Like

So my post of the Vengaboys was flagged.

Apologies if it offended anyone - it’s just a cheesy 90’s dance anthem I like but the video is probably not very cool to post - a thought that genuinely hadn’t crossed my mind.

Again sorry to anyone that I offended.

2 Likes

The vocals on this are by Janey Lee Grace from The Steve Wright afternoon show on BBC R2

2 Likes

St Etienne, I do believe.

1 Like

what was offensive in the Vengaboys video? don’t know if i’ve ever seen it, so genuine question…

1 Like
2 Likes

There’s now a quick poll to pick your favourites for this: [Your Fave 90s Dance Anthems Survey]

1 Like

Some boobs, I guess? I don’t really know either but fair doos if someone was offended.

I love this thread :palms_up_together::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I’ll leave this here again

More emphasis on the late 80s - early 90s. Basically pre-cheesy-handbag-house.

3 Likes

Link does not work for me on this phone but I bought a compilation in 1988 from Woolworths that was essentially this kind of early cut and paste house. Some dated. Some perennial classics.

1 Like

Yeah, that link only shows the first few songs. Most are from around 1990-1992.

The Deep Heat and Thin Ice compilations from this era were amazing. Wish I still had them, but they were on cassette so not much use to me now.

you got to show me love

pump it up