Your financial thresholds for returns/refunds/exchanges etc

This would also explain the Happy Meat charge.

2 Likes

I looked this one up earlier - they’re a restaurant company. Dull facts.

1 Like

You’re better at this than me.

Why did I take a train from work to London at 13.10 on 31st May? This isn’t a riddle, I have literally no memory of this.

You were going to see !!! or Haim that evening?

Alright calm down.

Ok. Photos of all receipts dating back to - shut up - May 2016 taken. We’re getting there.

(I KNOW)

I owe @laelfy £171.73.

Shut up everyone.

3 Likes

surely the only DiS thread ever that has net positive instead of negative due to lost productivity

4 Likes

I’ll pm you my bank details.

At my current rate I’ll get that to you in January 2019.

1 Like

Bought a multi-pack of Donnay socks on the Sports Direct website. Wore a pair, they felt a bit…short (i like a sports sock to come midway up to the knee during winter, you know what i’m saying?), washed them, folded them back up, buried them in with the other seven pairs, bunged them in the outgoing mail at work, £4.99 back in my bank before the end of the next working day, so y’know, fair play to 'em. They might run their warehouses like Russian prisons and effectively pay below the minimum wage, but that customer service can’t be faulted, so maybe you’ve just got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.

I’ve only ever used sports direct once online to buy some running trainers.

5 quid to get them to deliver to store, but they give you a £5 voucher for using this method

what sort of cuntery is this?

I have gone significantly out of my way to recover incredibly small amounts of money.

I basically don’t value my time at all and am incredibly thrifty when it comes to everything other than alcohol it would seem.

one of my friends sisters worked for sports direct and was one of the lucky ones on a full time, permanent contract.

few years back she got 50k from them, then six months later another 12 grand. some sort of bonus or something

I have no further sports direct stories unfortunately

Sounds like she just didn’t do her expenses in a while to me tbh.

3 Likes

don’t think I’ve ever returned anything because it’s too stressful.

had two £300+ pairs of headphones break on me probably should have e-mailed amazon or something

1 Like

man, Amazon return policy is a doddle. I buy a few records from them now and again, and I’ve returned about 20% of them due to miniscule issues really. never a question asked. s’easy man

(final)(I hope) update: my boss had to flag my claim to the finance director for approval because it was so much and is now furious.

~fin~

4 Likes

At our place you’d have lost most of your money - think it’s a 3 month limit on claims.

Due in for jury service in a couple of weeks. Gonna claim for the wages thing, obviously. Also gonna claim travel expenses. For cycling there. At something like 9p per mile. It’s less than two miles away.

When I worked at the Co-op as a teenager a woman made me refund her the 5p cost for a carrier bag that I accidentally charged her.