your first girlfriend/boyfriend

some questions:

do you still speak to them?
what do they do for a living?
did they turn out how you expected?

thread prompted by discovering my first girlfriend from primary school is now a yoga teacher in australia

No
Dunno
Dunno

7 Likes

nope
dunno
dunno

27 likes

2 Likes

no
mother
dunno

Becky

Met on a Muse messageboard

Still speak to her (well I have her on Facebook and Instagram and we wish each other happy birthday)
Full time mummy I think at the minute

She seems to have turned out to be a very nice person, which is what I expected.

I proposed to her behind Iceland in Leicester and she said yes, we were 17. Pretty lols when I think back to it.

22 Likes

Not much, seen her at a few 30ths this year
Science teacher
Yeah I guess

Would you say that level of commitment proved to be…

… Unsustainable?

19 Likes

Liz

do you still speak to them? Nope
what do they do for a living? Heard she is doctor, but I might have dreamt that
did they turn out how you expected? :woman_shrugging:

We’re friends on Facebook and when I’m in my hometown at Christmas and so on we usually see each other because we’re still in the same group of friends. But I don’t remember the last time we messaged each other for any reason.

They’re a teacher.

I guess? I couldn’t really tell you what I predicted she’d end up doing. I think she’s well suited for her job, and she’s getting married to a nice dude.

It was Madness mate

Is this a Muse joke as well? I suddenly feel very out of my depth.

1 Like

if it was, it was Unintended.

9 Likes

Nope.
Dunno, she’s just had a baby though so presumably mat leave.
I guess so.

It was a really daft “relationship” in which she had the requisite level of maturity to be in a relationship and I was just an idiot teen who only really wanted to play football and dick about with my mates. It was very “on again, off again” for a couple of years before I went to uni. I sometimes get an urge to message her and apologise for the fact that I was too childish to have gone out with her really but that would be a dead weird thing to do.

She was called Rebecca, some of her friends called her Becky

Not seen her since

She seems to have turned out to be a very nice person, despite what we did when we met in secret behind Iceland after everyone else had gone home

2 Likes

current one is my first one (yes, works for a peacebuilding NGO, yes) unless you count someone i went out with for a couple of weeks aged 12 (no, dunno, dunno)

1 Like

Who knew that the rear of Iceland would turn out to be such a pivotal place for DiSers?

is “behind iceland” the new “up the oxo tower”?

7 Likes

Errr wait

3 Likes

Scott - from what I can see from Facebook stalking he seems to have a nice job in IT, a nice wife and some nice kids. Pretty much what I expected as he was a nice boy. Not spoken to him in many years.

Got her on Facebook and will have a chat if I bump into her when I’m home for Christmas.
Doctor
Married to the person she started seeing after me. Well odd but also quite nice when people who get together at 12/13 end up married