Your grand theories

Hard disagree. If you have to put milk in your coffee then you don’t really like coffee.

12 Likes

I reckon you might just like coffee with milk

(I drink both depending on how I feel making me better than people in either category)

3 Likes

Nah you’re sophisticated enough to enjoy mixing flavours.

People who only eat and drink simple things tend to be young kids.

1 Like

I just think it tastes much nicer without milk. The fat hides the flavour.

3 Likes

Had this conversation with two different people over the past week. I drink black coffee and expressos, but always prefer coffee with milk. I’m a big fan of the coffee and cream they do at Café Nero

If you have to put spices and seasoning on your X, then you don’t really like X

just a plate of unseasoned veg for me please. No sauce thanks.

4 Likes

My word!

2 Likes

It changes the flavour. It doesn’t hide it

1 Like

I’m not arguing that though, I’m arguing that mixing something fatty that masks flavour (milk) with something that has a complex flavour (coffee) makes it taste less of the thing it tastes of, hence less nice.

Spices and seasoning are normally added to bland things (protein like chick or tofu, or carbs like potatoes or lentils) to make them taste of something.

Hope you aren’t using oil or water in the cooking process to dilute those flavours.

1 Like

heat isn’t to be trusted either

3 Likes

Obviously it does matter. You can like whatever you want.

My initial response was deliberately provocative in response to Theo saying that people only drank black coffee to appear sophisticated. But I do think what I said is the reason I prefer coffee black.

1 Like

I do like a nice latte and a milky coffee when I’m hungover but if we’re picking sides for a ruck I’m on #teamblackcoffee. WE WILL CRUSH YOU MILKY BABIES.

4 Likes

I know it’s espresso really. Just having a bit of fun

1 Like

My brother stands by the theory that ready salted crisps are best as they’re the “purest” flavour. Then again he also says that eating a mint makes beer taste better

think it was @Ruffers who recently said that coffee and wine are boggin until you get a taste for it and then you need the strong stuff and can never go back. think dark chocolate is like that.

4 Likes

i like both too but might go out to bat for team milky baby on this one

2 Likes

Sounds like a good time for a good old fashioned insolvency! Woo.

1 Like

I just assumed your phone had a moment TBH