Your ideal party

That other thread got me wondering what your perfect party would be. Shoot.

Theme:
Food:
Soundtrack:
Number of guests:

I will contribute with my ideas later after a few posts, as it turns out I have no original thoughts

Theme: Let’s-get-this-thing-wrapped-up-by-11pm-yeah
Food: Pringles, Doritos, Buffet
Soundtrack: Silence
Number of guests: No more than 10
Activities/other: Polite conversation

6 Likes

Can I have two, please? :blush:

Assuming that’s a good tone party

Does a badtone™ party differ much?

I’m afraid that the harsh truth about that Bad Tone picture is that I was not drinking the beer, not smoking the cigarette and that was not my jacket or my sunglasses.

2 Likes

Theme: absolutely not
Food: bar snacks
Soundtrack: converting from indie bullshit of the late 00s to pure pop Bangers as the night goes on
Number of guests: 40
Location: somewhere with a decent outside area, plenty of tables and chairs, and preferably multiple rooms
Activities/other: chemsex

4 Likes

this is difficult

Fancy dress parties

• Great fun
  • Go, dress up, resent it
  • Go, minimal to no effort dressing up
  • Make an excuse not to go
  • Tell the organiser you don’t want to go

0 voters

Winter Party
Guests no more than 20
light meal 6.30 to 8
Then maybe a group activity like a quick quiz or something
Then drinking and music
Someone else’s house
Wrapped up by 1

Summer Party outside in the countryside with marquees - funded by someone else

The absolute fucking pits.

1 Like

I love it in theory, but I’m dreadful at sorting out an outfit/don’t want to spend loads of money for one night’s outfit. Then I end up feel really anxious that I’ve not made any effort and some people have spent years preparing their get ups. [scene missing]. a massive hangover.

2 Likes

Theme: casual
Food: flapjacks
Soundtrack: the sound of nature
Number of guests: 2-5
Activities/other: climbing/falling

5 Likes

Karaoke

• Good and fun
  • Shit
  • Claim it is shit but then actually have quite a bit of fun once it’s happening

0 voters

i once went for the classic white-sheet-with-eyeholes ghost for a halloween party. looked really good actually coz no one ever actually does it, but then i nearly set myself on fire with a jack o lantern on the way into my mates flat. the sheet came in handy later when someone who was dressed as a devil (basically he was wearing red shorts and then painted his entire body red) passed out on the settee so i wrapped him up in the sheet so he didnt get cold

5 Likes

Pub golf, or any sort of structured drinking really. Including any organised bar crawl, drinking games etc.

• Just the absolute worst
  • Somehow a different option

0 voters

Spoof is allowed, everything else isn’t.

Theme: nah you’re alright
Food: light buffet for snacking, big communal order from the indian at some point
Soundtrack: I’m lazily DJing on Spotify on my phone and everyone can bloody well like it
Guests: 10-20 ATDs only
Activities: maybe pop to the pub in the late afternoon/early evening, old school videogames in the wee hours for the night owls

4 Likes

Sounds very good indeed. I’ll be there

1 Like

Theme: BBQ
Food: BBQ
Soundtrack: just some really nice music
Number of guests: 37
Location: somewhere with space for 37 people to exist in complete comfort.
Activities/other: BBQ, rounders, boozing, maybe an international fixture in a world cup on inside, to duck in and out of, but only for a few hours, making sure the kids don’t hurt themselves, laughing at kids, sending the kids home when it’s time to for a pickmeup, nibbling leftovers, sploshing, apple bobbing, political arguments, telling someone it’s time they go home and ordering them a cab, chemsex.

5 Likes

Different option, that involves only doing it with people who never really wanted to do it and stop around 6 pubs in and you just have a really lovely night out with good friends.

1 Like