Your local water feature

This is every bit as exciting as it looks in this picture.

2 Likes

Brilliant! :+1:

big fan of the pool in Bradford Centenary Square, surprisingly well maintained and genuinely heartwarming to see kids playing in it

5 Likes

oh god I’ve made a huge mistake

2 Likes

2 Likes

the arrogance of this

1 Like

The bloke is an absolute whopper

2 Likes

This is mine, in Kelvingrove Park. I’ve heard that at some point in history the council (or whatever other notable authority was in charge of these things at the time) moved it from Alexandra Park in the East End so it could better serve the well to do residents of Glasgow in the West End. No idea if this is true and could probably google it pretty easily but choosing to accept it’s true anyway. EAT THE RICH (except me).

The fuck is wrong with you?

@colon_closed_bracket maybe you could merge this for me and also delete my account please

3 Likes

Don’t let him off the hook ccb

1 Like

Oh now you want me to close threads!

1 Like

:smiley: :pensive:

There you go.

1 Like

It’s a real shame cos this would actually be an OK contribution to the thread and I might’ve found out about the history of the fountain but as it is I’m going to have to languish in shame for the rest of the day (at least)

1 Like

Mentioned in the poem Winter by Edwin Morgan.

Top, top water feature. Love the mirrored wall, though not last January when I stuck my hand into the water and thought it was going to freeze off.

Not a feature, just water.

1 Like

but it is a feature of Lancing. There is shit all else here.

I loved sitting on that thing in the top photo this summer. It’s called Tårtan, right?