Your personal car rules (polls)

Calling shotgun
  • I enforce this in my own car
  • I abide by this no matter what
  • I will go by the rules of whoevers car it is
  • I will never respect the rules of shotgun
  • People can do what they want, idgaf, I’m sitting up front
  • People can do what they want, idgaf, I’m sitting in the back
  • People can do what they want, idgaf, I’m going to do whatever’s logistically convenient
  • I have never been in a situation where someone has called shotgun when approaching a car

0 voters

You’re the driver

Who decides on the music?
  • The driver
  • The passenger
  • Anyone
  • No sounds

0 voters

You’re a passenger

Who decides on the music?
  • The driver
  • The passenger
  • Anyone
  • No sounds

0 voters

Food or drink in the car
  • No problem, feast away!
  • Only food that will not be messy or has lids etc.
  • No food

0 voters

Oh dear, my shoes are a bit muddy
  • Take them off, put them in a plastic bag
  • Fuck it, that’s what floors are for
  • Keep wearing them but try to move them as little as possible to stop dirt spreading

0 voters

My car is a dirty, dusty tip. Couldn’t give a shit.

7 Likes

Music is always always drivers choice and I will die on this hill. :joy:

1 Like

Have a very definite system for this when driving anywhere with my kids.

One of us will start a collaborative playlist and we’ll all bung a certain number of tracks on (depending on the length of voyage). The playlist goes on shuffle, whoever picked the track that comes on first is “monarch of the car” for the length of the journey.

9 Likes

I decide, unless the passenger is my wife (she’s the only passenger I ever have tbh) then we decide together.

Car cleaning
  • Regularly
  • Sometimes
  • When it gets so disgusting that I realise that I have no choice
  • Never

0 voters

I’ve had stuff written on the back of my car for 6 months

I never clean it, but Mr s_w probably cleans it once every other week for us. Hes got this interior cleaning spray that smells like parma violet sweets…its awesome.

cook pass babtridge?

Hup & a smiley face

2 Likes

Thought I had no car rules and was very chill about the whole thing, but then I gave someone a lift to a penoid tournament venue from the hotel a bunch of us were staying in and he left an empty Sainsbury’s three bean wrap packet in the back seat and ever since then I’ve cheered for his opponent in every single game I’ve seen him play.

11 Likes

previous cars were an absolute shit show, no rules, but since we got a lease car there are a few more rules.

1 Like

Should be an agreement between driver and passengers over what music to listen to, anyone can make a suggestion. But at the end of the day, if there’s division, driver gets the final say.

6 Likes
  • I put petrol/diesel in the car
  • I do not put the petrol/diesel in the car

0 voters

Think one of my greatest successes as a parent is making them understand they never get to choose the music so they have had to get used to my nonsense. They can try and if its approved (fear of the dark) it can go on, or i slip some treats in randomly (black hamster currently :exploding_head:) but otherwise, im driving so shurrrrup and enjoy some riffs

for those who don’t know, check out this abomination…

2 Likes

I would live with a very dirty car, but my husband finds it the upmost embarrassment to arrive somewhere in a visibly dirty car so we always have a clean car that requires no effort from me.

2 Likes

I have to otherwise it wouldn’t go.

1 Like