Your personal car rules (polls)

When MrS takes my car to the garage he always presents me with a bag full of stuff he has collected from it with a ‘were you saving these apple cores/wrappers/bottles/bags for something?’ sarcastic remark.

Annoyingly he also removes the collection of coats, scarves, hats, yoga mats etc. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

My car is 14 years old and is quite dented. I get it cleaned about once every couple of years and always get charged extra because it’s so dirty. Always give them a tip out of shame.

1 Like

I’d be shocked to the CORE if I got in the car and there was little to no petrol in there. Somehow it always has petrol in but I’ve put petrol in it like once?!!

3 Likes

Maybe you’ve got one of those self-fuelling cars.

Must be the same brand as my self filling water bottle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Ah yeah my wife has one of those!

The man of the house should defrost and pre warm the car for the women of the house on a cold day

• Do it yourself woman!!!
  • Of course, I am a gentleman

0 voters

Is it daddy issues when you try to get your husband to do the stuff your dad did for you? I have a certain life I am a custom (accustom?) to!!!

1 Like

We take it in turns to fill up our car with diesel. I did a full tank last week and I almost wept…still means its not my turn next, and once my maternity pay drops to statutory itll be all on Mr s_w.

I vote do it yourself only cause im slightly jealous that Mr s_w never does this for me and I always have to do it haha.

Mr meo never does it for me, but my dad always used to get up and pre warm both mine and my mums car every day!

1 Like

One of the few times i left the house this winter someone at work was moaning as normally they press a button from the house and it warms the car and defrosts it etc and it hadn’t worked. Blew my mind!

Ahhh apologies. Thats so nice though! :blush:

accustomed.

I always say that would be a great idea. Also want it for cooling too! Pre cooled car on a hot day would be a dream.

2 Likes

learn something new every day

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

My daddy issues is that my car has to be in perfect nick whenever I see him otherwise he will go absolutely spare at me. Got a 10 minute severe bollocking off him for my tyre pressure a few weeks ago.

I better have topped up wiper fluids, oil levels checked, spare bulbs in the car, cleaned glass and wipers, cleaned wheels and arches, otherwise oooooohboy I’m gonna hear about it.

4 Likes

ahh that would be amazing. when you’ve had to park with no shelter and you’re already hot and sweaty (calm down it’s thursday) and then come back to hell its just so upsetting.

Unfortunately all the doors don’t even unlock on mine so im far away from that dream!

1 Like

Fuck that, they’re literally sitting on the ground. Have you seen the ground recently? Filthy.

1 Like

AND THAT’S WHY THEY NEED TO BE CLEAN! DO YOU THINK THINGS JUST WORK? NO! THEY HAVE TO BE MAINTAINED AND TAKEN CARE OF. I DON’T KNOW IF IT’S ENTERED YOUR CHILDISH MIND THAT THIS IS ALL MECHANICAL, AND MECHANICS WILL FAIL IF THEY’RE BLOCKED UP WITH DIRT AND GRIME. THIS IS A TWENTY YEAR OLD CAR THAT RUNS LIKE NEW, AND IT DOES THAT BECAUSE IT’S BEEN TAKEN GOOD CARE OF, BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT BY YOU, YOU’RE BUSY WITH WHATEVER WEIRD SHIT YOU GET UP TO. GET INTO THE REAL WORLD AND GET CLEANING YOUR CAR IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK

that’s what he’d say

9 Likes