Your Signature

signature
signing
yourname

How happy are you with it?
When did you first come up with it?
How easy is it to copy?
Have you ever changed it?
Do you have it in .psd form so you don’t have to print, sign and scan shit?
At what point will signatures be a thing that isn’t a thing any more?
Any signature related aob business also permitted.

if anyone wants to check if their signature is dece just send me a hi res scan over PM. Happy to help.

4 Likes

It’s alright

How easy is it to copy?
Pretty easy

It has evolved, not… revolved

No I am not Theo

Tomorrow

1 Like

Signature

7 Likes

Came up with mine when opening my first bank account. Very easy to copy

Not very.

When I was a teenager.

How easy is it to copy?

Probably terrifically easy.

Nope! I doubt I could.

Absolutely not.

2025, after nuclear wipes the human race out.

I have had to forge my former landlord’s signature on at least two occasions.

3 Likes

I am not that happy with it
I first came up with it when forging a teacher’s signature
It is very easy to copy (see above)
I have never changed it but it’s become increasingly less identifiable as anything other than a squiggly line over the years
I do not have it in .psd form, I wish I did have
They will no longer be a thing as of 2025
No AOBs from me

2 Likes

I really like mine, which is nice because I hate my normal handwriting.

In a chemistry exam when I was about 15 I had finished early but wasn’t allowed to leave until time was up, so I sat there practising my signature on a spare bit of paper for ages. Must have signed my name on it hundreds of times. At the end of the exam an invigilator gathered up that page with my answers while I was looking elsewhere - whoever eventually marked that exam must have thought I’d lost my mind during it.

1 Like

I worked in Lidl while I was at school and the store manager forged my signature on loads of health & safety stuff.

How happy? - 8/10.
When did you first come up with it? - 2013, when I first signed a lease in my own name.
How easy is it to copy? - Not very.
Ever changed it? - My old one was a squiggle that looked a bit like saturn, decided I needed something that looked a bit more like my actual name when I started signing important stuff.
.psd form? - Nope

Have to get stuff signed by directors here every now and then, and one of them has the worst signature I’ve ever seen. It’s just a wavy line, I could forge it so easily if the mood ever took me.

1 Like

S’alright

Had two- one when opening my first bank account (had a smiley face on the end and a star underneath…) and my current one

How easy is it to copy?
Tbh pretty hard cause it looks different every time and is just a squiggle that in no way looks like my name

Yes, see above

Behave, that is absolutely not a normal thing to do!

Not for a while, surely? Good few years

NOW, do I have a signature related anecdote for you!! You know when you register births, deaths and marriages? The ink you do it in is a special registrar’s ink and has lead in it so even when the certificate fades your signature doesn’t! Had to sign one of them recently and got so panicked that I asked to practice, got it all over my hands and went “nnneeeerrrrggghh” as I signed the real thing in a flap

6 Likes

When I first needee one I had only ever seen my mum signing cheques. As a result I arrived at the conclusion that a signature was not supposed to be fully legible. It should be a sort of abstract, stylised version of something approaching the idea of the letters in the name and that it was this unique, personalised abstraction which would make it hard to forge.

I feel I rose to the challenge then and, while it’s changed gradually over the years, it remains effective today.

7.5/10

First time recognisable as a form of the current iteration was probably like 12

How easy is it to copy?

Not that easy I don’t think. Left handed, controlled mess type thing

Tried other formats around 16-17 but ended up staying with the OG.

yep

They never won’t be a thing, because there will always be autograph collectors (although those are the same idea but different) but for business reasons? I dunno, when thumb print/facial recognition can take it’s place? 2047.

I don’t have any but I am invested.

1 Like

they’re quite silly aren’t they
like you could just write anything and nobody would care

4 Likes

oh actually -

has anyone tried/forged a signature in any situation?

I have, twice, but both with permission

1- in the US, signing is commonplace but nonsense, they have already charged you. A friend insisted on paying the bill and just told me to sign it for them when they went to the restroom. I just wrote initial and last name.

2 - The GF paid for a hotel for us for my birthday, but had to leave before check out to do something. I went to check out and had her card. I wrote her name, but the receptionist told me off and said she had to come in and pay. I offered to pay with my card but she wouldn’t give her card back either way so I paid so they would let me go but we had to go back later on together for her to get the card.

Anon Poll time

• I have forged another signature and I have no issue with it
  • I have forged another signature and feel guilty about it
  • I have never forged a signature

0 voters

I’ve got two; one for work and one for in my private life. They’re ok. The “normal” one I’ve used since I was a teenager.

They’ll probably seem quite quaint once we’re all microchipped and don’t need to use them anymore.

I sometimes forged my mother’s signature in my homework diary* in school.

*Don’t think it was actually called a homework diary, but that’s what it amounted to and I forget.

1 Like

fairly confident mine will be the worst signature on DiS

Forged my Mam’s signature so much in school that when she actually signed a document the school called her and told her they suspected her son of forging her signature. I got in a lot of shit over that.

2 Likes