🎵 Your song of the day 📆 Share one song per day (rolling) (forever) (every day)

You can share one song each day, what’s it gonna be?

Sorry if something like this exists, couldn’t find it and was surprised actually. I did this for a while on my vinyl-specific Instagram but the story format is tiresome and time-consuming. Sharing YouTubes in a thread is much easier for both sharing and discovering.

Some general guidelines:

• It can be your highlight of the day, what you happen to be listening to, something you can’t shake (but don’t mind), the song in your head when you woke up, a new discovery, an old favorite, etc. It’s your opportunity to share a song you like with the forum each day.
  • No shitposting, post things you actually like or find interesting.
  • Embed a YouTube or Bandcamp, something playable inline if available.
  • Post with or without explanation.
  • Chat is ok but not necessary.
  • Keep it rather random, try not to use this for things like single premieres etc. since we have threads for that, unless you’re posting there too. Just don’t want this taking away from sharing news where people might expect to find it, you know?
  • Please don’t overshare from the same artist, or post the same song every day.
  • Please don’t use this to promote your own music (sorry).

Please have fun. Please post a song every day. But hey life happens and sometimes you can’t.

14 Likes

this seems fun!

just got a Mustang, so went for this as I think Ryan used one on the early albums (and can be seen in this vid)

6 Likes

Off to see them tonight for the first time since 2015. In that time they’ve evolved into a different kind of band. Doubt they will play this but it’s one of my faves.

1 Like

Was watching Kevin Morby KEXP stuff last night and this song has ended up stuck in my head all day so I’ve listened to it a few times today already

2 Likes

just cos it’s what i’ve got on RIGHT NOW

5 Likes
6 Likes

I have this for weeks where you make a note of your song of the week (no repeats but doesn’t have to be something you’ve only just found) and then rate it from 1-9, 9 being ‘this song changed my life’ and 1 being ‘i’ve barely listened to any music this week’

The song I’ve listened to the most today is

7 Likes

The bass line from this has been strutting around my head all day:

5 Likes

Cause I just got a ticket to a festival they’re doing this album in full at so been playing through it

Nice idea. Know nothing about Linda Smith, or her other songs but have had this on some of my playlists for a while and it’s bloody lovely.

4 Likes

So hyped for this record

1 Like
7 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

The song that’s been stuck in my head all day is too awful to post so I’ll go with this as I’ve been listening to a lot of Bob today, obviously

3 Likes

posting this because iTunes tells me I’ve listened to it over 100 times, which seems a lot

(keywords: sad, downbeat, alt country, long)

13 albums in and they could still create deep cuts as good as this

3 Likes

forgot what a banger* this is

*not technically a banger, good song though

5 Likes

Santigold has such a high hit rate for absolute bangers, this one from her new album is on my exercise playlist already

3 Likes

They opened their last festival set with it :crossed_fingers: