šŸŽµ Your song of the day šŸ“† (rolling)

Fucked Up - Year of the Ox

A great pick from @Severed799 in Music League, had been meaning to try it for ages but always ended up forgetting.

1 Like

I am the Ox that broke my chains, so I could fly away

2 Likes

a fundamental misunderstanding of zoology

4 Likes

but not Chinese mythology!

Snow Patrol - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

Whoa forgot how good this song is

2 Likes

inspired by @TKCā€™s outrageous claims about Jimmy Chamberlin in the ā€œcontroversial musical opinionsā€ thread yesterday

2 Likes

Gonna put it on just listening for the drums

1 Like

here you go

2 Likes

Sometimes I forget I really like In Rainbows

5 Likes

And miss out on such imagery?

3 Likes

The drums are good yeah but nothing that makes me go woah

i disagree with your opinion, but will fight to the death for your right to post it

3 Likes

Iā€™m not saying it to be controversial and I do like him and the Pumpkins, but I just canā€™t hear anything in it. Would also add an asterisk in that I am probably the least musical person ever

1 Like

A beautiful Durutti Column song for Winter

which is from this compilation from 40 years ago on Les Disques De Crepescule, I like the From Brussels With Love compilation but had never heard of this beforeā€¦

ā€¦I found it via this list

Think they got the no.1 bang on

(Yesterday)

SvengalisGhost - Kiss the Blade
I revisited the album TV Live from the Chicago artist yesterday. Only played it a few times before yesterday and thought it was decent, but last night it really got me. Itā€™s some really dark minimal wave & industrial techno that brings to mind some classic electro-industrial artists like Skinny Puppy. And now I wish this person would release more music.

Big Thief - The Only Place

Hadnā€™t listened to DNWMIBIY in a while. This song stood out for the first time

1 Like

heard this on Radio 3 and felt awe, nearly nine minutes of voice and organ and itā€™s so haunting.

ainā€™t no party like an Arvo PƤrty

prompted by todayā€™s Pitchfork/McCartney review. it was either this or ā€œRudolph the Red Nosed Reggaeā€

Whoops, yesterdayā€™s was

Everything Everything - A Fever Dream

Forgot that Iā€™d meant to keep going with them and move on to this album.

Second Still - Strangers