🎵 Your song of the day 📆 Share one song per day (rolling) (forever) (every day)

In anticipation of the new album tomorrow

3 Likes

Been on a bit of a FU binge since hearing the new song last week. Love this demo version off Couple Tracks, though doesn’t sound massively different to the Hidden World version. Bit rawer or something I guess.

I keep a journal on RYM with album of the week – sometimes it’s a new release I’m really into, a new discovery, something old I’m revisiting, etc. Similar to this song of the day, just whatever I found most exciting that week (or day).

1 Like

been listening to this everyday for about a month now and i can’t think of the last time a song got so deeply under my skin. sonically it evokes certain moods (a melancholy, defiant stoicism??) but whilst the lyrics hint at meaning much of it is still kind of unfathomable to me which just makes it all the more intriguing.

6 Likes

Nice. Great finale, really takes you on a journey

1 Like

Love this idea!

Was singing Ramones songs to soothe mini s_w again earlier, seems apt that one of those be my song of the day.

7 Likes

Having an Effloresce day and I can’t get Saturday Morning Breakfast show out of my head. It’s really a crime I never heard it until a year ago, what a song and what an album. That bridge between those monster wordless choruses is so beautiful.

Oceansize - Saturday Morning Breakfast Show

3 Likes

Thank you for including this, you’ve released me from my burden.

5 Likes

Played this EP twice this week. So good, up there with the best of their LPs.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Wish I’d thought of this when it was Saxophone week in the Music League I’m playing (not on DiS)

2 Likes

Check out KH - Looking At Your Pager (Extended) if you can, sound of the summer

4 Likes

I’ve looped this about three times now. So good

1 Like

listening to bob songs i didn’t vote for but maybe should have

One of the albums of the decade this imo, front to back bangers

4 Likes

Just so catchy isnt it!

1 Like

Haven’t listened to this for ages, yes it’s brilliant

1 Like

There’s something really meatheadedly simple and effective about this riff.