Your ten absolute favourite songs of all-time?

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=laughing+thunderbirds+gif&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=e4z4WJKDD_TDXuKFvBA

ahh yeah. <3 Faster and Velouria are my favourites for those respective bands

Loving the love for Velouria on here. Always thought it was the Pixies best song, but folks tend to prefer Debaser, Where Is My Mind, Monkey Gone To Heaven or Here Comes Your Man.

It’s Kim with her “V E L…O U…R I A” at the end. Absolutely love it.

There are so many bits like that on Bossanova (underrated), like how the lines in Ana start with letters that spell ‘Surfer’. Ace.

it was the second one of theirs I ever heard, and it just blew my mind - still does. just the perfect realisation of the noisy guitars + warped, delerious melodies thing.

To be honest it’s between Velouria and No. 13 Baby for my favourite Pixies song. Speaks volumes about how great they are that there are so many amazing tunes to pick from, and I couldn’t have too much of a problem with people picking any of the songs from that era.

I’m a Caribou sort of guy. That and Gigantic.

Started one this morning when i couldn’t sleep, https://open.spotify.com/user/carolemo/playlist/3YfoxZO3VxKX2JuantqXgj
Takes bloody ages though eh. Only got about 6 lists in before it was time for work.

Well thanks for getting it started!

The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails
What A Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers
Mogwai Fears Satan - Mogwai
Hotel California - The Eagles
Crystal Frontier - Calexico
Cloudbusting - Kate Bush
Rudie Can’t Fail - The Clash
Wide Open Space - Mansun
I’m On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
Help Yourself - Death In Vegas

Hey, that’s the best Nine Inch Nails song! Good list.

Thanks man!!

Idlewild - Let Me Sleep (Next to the Mirror)
Slowdive - When the Sun Hits
Suede - New Generation
GBV - Game of Pricks
Aereogramme - Zionist Timing
Hope of the States - Enemies/Friends
Failure - The Nurse Who Loved Me
SDRE - 48
Texas is the Reason - A Jack with One Eye
MBV - When You Sleep

Zionist Timing, what an absolute shout and a half that is by the way!

On the Beach is amazing

This is way too hard. My real answer is a list of ten Smashing Pumpkins songs, but I’ll limit myself to one per band.

“Wound” - The Smashing Pumpkins
"A Murder of One" - Counting Crows
"Life Like Weeds" - Modest Mouse
"Sleep" - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
"A Distorted Reality Is Now a Necessity to Be Free" - Elliott Smith
"Paranoid Android" - Radiohead
"Temporarily Blind" - Built to Spill
"P.S. You Rock My World" - The Eels
"Dendron" - The Hotelier
"Into the Streets" - Twilight Singers

I could probably make this list again in a couple hours and have half of it replaced. It feels at the very least that “Blister” by Jimmy Eat World, “Raspberry Cane” by Youth Lagoon, “Limousine” by Brand New, “I’m The Ocean” by Neil Young and Pearl Jam, “Fight Test” by Flaming Lips, “Acrobat” by U2, and something by The Antlers / The National / Sigur Ros should be on there.

like most people here, this list will probably change in about half an hour but it’s fairly close to being 100% bang on !

Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci – Heywood Lane
The Wedding Present – Granadaland
The Fall – Chicago Now
Eels – From which I came/a magic world
Brendan Benson – Good to me
Underworld – Cowgirl
The Orb – Spanish Castles in space
Primal Scream – Loaded
Massive Attack – Unfinished Sympathy
Josh Rouse – Sad eyes

Great shout with Massive Attack. Protection is always there or thereabouts. One of those tracks I wish there was a half hour version of.

Lots of Eels fans here. This is very pleasing. Thanks to a number of recent lacklustre Pitchfork reviews I’d stupidly convinced myself that they’d fallen out of favour. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

If you ask me, the best Eels song is Grace Kelly Blues.