Your Third 'X'

Hello friends. This is a thread about recollection of your third thing and any related anecdotes.

Obviously we all remember our first kiss, our first non-family holiday, our first gig, our first shag, our first refreshing taste of San Pellegrino Limonata, our first football match etc. The question is, can you remember your third thing where the first one was noteworthy?

Please talk about them here.

thinly veiled ‘i’ve had sex three times’ thread

Nice to see you’ve gone through with this. Say what you want about Ant but he’s not for turning.

The thread is absolutely doomed but i still commend his effort.

This is interesting, probably can’t remember anything. Tried to remember the third film I saw in the cinema but can’t…there was a time in my teens where I could tell you every film I’d seen in the cinema in order (not that anyone actually ever asked but I still told them)

My third bass was a 21st birthday present from my mum and I don’t like it very much.

You should write and perform a song about how you don’t like it on the bass that she gifted you in front of her.

No, I don’t think I should.

My third guitar was a present for my 17th and I still have and use it <3 (Mexican telecaster in dark red lovely stuffff)

I remember the third penalty I saved in an eleven a side match.

It was against Belmont United ‘B’ in a Cup Quarter Final - they had a number 10 who was clearly influenced by a certain Italian genius from the late 90s. Not only did he have the same boots, not only did he have the little pony tail, he even swore in Italian even though his name was Kieran.

Anyway, we were well ahead when they won a penalty, the divvy ponytail stepped up and sent the ball to my left. Andy Townsend would have described it as a ‘nice height for the keeper, Clive’ but I was still at full stretch as I turned it around the post for a corner.

Kieran was absolutely hopeless, by the way. Looked the part but had the touch of a loosened catapult.

And you were all like

My third car was a Vauxhall Astra automatic and I wrote it off going home from DiS football after being distracted by a sign for non MSG Chinese food.

What sets your insides a-stirring?

My third band was called Spalton. It was named after a (allegedly) paedo teacher at my school. The drummer was this korean guy who answered an ad in Selecta-a-disc and FUCKING LOVED Royal Trux. The bassist was this guy I’d met in rock city after we beat each other up to Ministry ‘The Missing’ in the basement.

We had one gig and got 3 reviews that were mentally positive looking back. We got one review off the girlfriend at the time of someone in slipknot who laid into us, which it made us despondent and we went our seperate way.

I think you’re mixing up your life and that of Renford Rejects hero ‘Bruno Dia Gradi’

Ericthe"“third”" was my “”“third”"" DiS account. How’s that?

Terrific!

Third guitar sub thread, mine was a telestar mona, saw an advert in guitar world and had to have it, cost a fortune in shipping and taxes. Hardly played it

The third gig I went to was Stereophonics at the Manchester Evening News Arena on their Just Enough Education to Perform tour. Support came from Feeder.

Why weren’t you at the meet damnit?!!!

The third album I ever bought was ‘Powerslave’ by Iron Maiden.