Your top 10 fav films

Completely forgot Napoleon. Would probably make top 10 at some point in my life. One of the few films I’ve happily watched twice in a row.

Also the ‘are you ready to dance?’… ‘yes’ bit never gets old

And ‘your mom goes to college’

Edit: yeah the dvd commentary is mint

2 Likes

‘This tastes like the cow got in an onion patch’
‘That’s correct’
‘Yesssssssssss’

3 Likes

Oh god the eggs

Do the chickens have large talons

3 Likes

I don’t understand a word you just said

3 Likes

Films you loved in childhood chat:

Jurassic Park: I remember being absolutely blown away in the final scenes when the t-rex saves them from the velociraptors.

1 Like

Almost wore away the tape on the Transformers animated film vhs I watched it so much .
Home Alone was a big one too

2 Likes

oh yeah, my much older sister’s boyfriend (who I though was the coolest) took me to the cinema to see ninja turtles when it came out and I told everyone it was the best day of my life. I was ready to go well over an hour before he came to pick me up.

1 Like

Beethoven’s 2nd

1 Like

Cool Runnings.

2 Likes

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

2 Likes

Number twelve on my list. Disney never made a better film.

1 Like

Satantango

1 Like

As sexybum says but it’s been a while. I know it too well tbh

1 Like

Again, another person lists a film (this would make it around 40 now!) That could be in my “top 10”

The assassination of Jesse James is absolutely amazing :+1:

2 Likes

Check out “apostle” (2018) could be your bag.

The director is a Welsh guy called Gareth Evans, and he was responsible for the 2 raid films! Asian action films! Then did this really mental horror film. Interesting director.

Apostle was pretty intense for me, as I’m not a huge horror guy. There was one scene in particular that had my toes curling! It’s got Michael sheen in it.

You must also have seen the VVitch, which has been discussed here?

2 Likes

I absolutely adore Napoleon dynamite. Its definitely very funny, but I honestly think it’s underrated as like an “emotional” film. His relationship with his friends, the love interest, his brother, the vague melancholy in the background, the satisfying but minimal ending.

I really do think it’s a brilliant and lovely film.

1 Like

Would truly love to see the four-hour cut of Jesse James that Roger Deakins has talked about one day

2 Likes

Woah! That’s quite a commitment.

Without wanting to sound wanky, I remember it being a very “meditative” experience watching it; I properly sank into it. So a 4hr edit could defo work.

It does feel like a “one watch” to me, that film. But I say that too often, I think. Need to go back and watch more great films a second time…

I’ve seen it so many times - I even have it twice on Blu Ray for some reason - but yeah meditative is definitely a good way of putting it.

Got some prints for my new flat the other day and had to get a Jess James one obviously :slight_smile:

3 Likes