your top 5 local 'things to do' list, you can submit them right now please

If you can remember when there were things to do.

Local = 10-12 mile radius of your home

For me, it’s gotta be…

In at 5 it’s Thomas Tresham’s Triangular Lodge, it’s good for 30 minutes and it’s very triangular!

At 4 we have ‘The English Versailles’ Boughton House, it’s nice!

At 3 we have Rockingham Castle. Willy the Conq ordered this beauty to be built, and you can see why!

In at 2 it’s the work of old Thomas Tresham again, it’s Lyveden New Bield! It’s a cracking half-day out, and it’s beaaautiful on a sunny day

and top of the pops, it is of course, the UK’s premier theme park, Wicksteed!

Tell me, what are YOUR top 5 local things to do? now please

9 Likes

Pubs

2 Likes

Asda
Co-Op
Castel Coch
Woods
Garth Mountain

5 Likes

Honestly can’t remember

1 Like

I live in London by the way

1 Like

yeah sorry i should’ve said, no Londons in this thread

Can I do my hometown instead?

Good area if you like looking at buildings

1 Like

Sure

Bet they regret hosting that Kasabian concert.

15 Likes
3 Likes

#1 The muZIEum: A museum where you can experience what it’s like to be blind.

#2 Grote Markt (Big Market): Looks nice on one side, looks WWII bombed with an ugly building on the other side (strangely enough, out of photo).

#3 Lange Hezelstraat (Long Hazelstreet? Who the fuck knows): Street where the expensive shops are, but conversely just around the corner from the local red-light district. Good food options there.

#4 Nijmegen: wtf? #4 is literally just the name of the city itself? wtf TripAdvisor with this meta bullshit. The picture is a painting of the river too.

#5 Kronenburgerpark: Nice park with a hill (exotic for The Netherlands) and a turret (standard).

3 Likes
  1. a local pub

1. a local pub

1. a local pub

1. a local pub

1. a local pub

6 Likes

you don’t have to take them directly off of trip advisor, but thanks all the same. I’d sure like to visit you!

1 Like

There’s some wild cows in a park near me

You can go look at them, though they hide.

5 Likes
  1. walk around the park
  2. walk around the other park
  3. walk around the water park
  4. walk around the quays
  5. walk along the canals
8 Likes

Number 1: Marwell

Penguins! Meerkats! Red pandas! (The best) Fucking massive Brazilian tarantula thing! Giraffes! Hippos? Not sure! Some big cats like leopards or whatever! MONKEYS THAT SHOW YOU THEIR BUM!

Dunno what else. A hill?

5 Likes

Love Marwell, not been since I was a wee tiny kiddy

1 Like

If I stand on my roof I can see it :grin:

1. Why not take in a film at the local out-of-town multiplex! You won’t have any public transport options to get there or back so you and your friends can combine the trip with a long walk along the scenic M20 motorway!

1. Seen all the latest films already? Well now it’s bowling time! Head on down to AMF Bowling, Ashford where, if you’re a time-traveller you may even be lucky enough to have your shoes handed over by none other than @Antpocalypsenow of all people!

1. That’s probably quite enough fun for now, it’s time to get your head kicked in by the bloke with the spider’s web tattooed over his skull at the Man of Kent!

1. Ouch! That looks sore! Not to worry, you’re only another quick hop down the M20 away from the William Harvey Hospital where the team will give you all the care you need to get back on your feet

1. God, that’s a lot of excitement for one day, anyway - You have now exhausted all the entertainment options available to you so you should probably head to the McArthurglen Designer Outlet for a bit of retail therapy! Maybe you can buy yourself something to do at home now. A board game perhaps?

9 Likes