IMG_20210209_155834

sorry but when you said Aqua Splash the song got stuck in my head

1 Like

Ah-ah-aaaahh yeh

1 Like

This is the best thread today.
Nice photos. Irish pints and Barbie Girl lols
:grinning:

1. go to iceland in cramlington where the sign is the old style and is all lit up nice

1. sit on a bedlington terrier bench in bedlington

1. look at lots of bridges at once

1. more river bridge stuff

1. look at bird
8 Likes

Is this the view from your desk?

Not quite, but I’ve often tried to work out from that exactly where you in relation to where I work.

1 Like

yes please

the one near Omagh? that was the location of a lot of my school trips but i haven’t been there in years.

I was thinking the folk museum next to the transport museum on the way to Bangor from belfast, but also been to the Ulster American folk museum near Omagh and that’s good too. My wife’s from Belfast and we’ve been to both a few times when visiting her family. The one by the transport museum has the better cafe if I recall, think I’m also swung by the traditional sweet shop.

1 Like

5 - go the park

4 - get a supersaver deal from coop

3 - play tennis

2 - post on DiS

1 - run a bath

:bath:

9 Likes

This is what I would do (+have done!) over a weekend with someone new to my home town of Campbeltown! :slight_smile:

1. We’d walk across the Dhorlin to Davaar Island, see the famous cave painting and climb to the top for a nice view of the town:

med_gallery_484_289_1323698294_9568

1. We’d then head out to Westport beach and camp overnight at the bottom of the big sand dune:

1. We’d then go for lunch at The Old Clubhouse overlooking Machrihanish Dunes (a beautiful links golf course) and, depending on their preference (/skill level), either play a round there or head back into toon to Billy’s Puttin’ Green (if he’s found someone to run it that day…)

1. Campbeltown is most famous for its whisky, so I guess we’d do a little tasting tour at one of the distilleries. Springbank is the one I used to live beside, so is obvs the best one:

1. Then we’d go to the pub. It’s definitely not true, but the fact that was always shared around town was that Campbeltown has/had the most pubs-to-population in Europe! So I’d give you a nice tour of my top 5.

resize

:beers:

4 Likes

very weird seeing belmont road mentioned on here

2 Likes

1 - Fish and chips on the beach

2 - go on the pier

3 - Have a look at the Pavilion (don’t worry about going in though, the locals never do)

4 - mooch round the shops in the North Laine, get evils from a local for confusing the Lanes with the North Laine

5 - should probably be something ice cream related, but I’d rather go to the Basketmakers for a pint

2 Likes

bridges

cube houses

buttplug gnome
nude beach

eurovision

4 Likes

How do you live in those houses?

I’d like to add in the tow path, dunno what to switch it for though, maybe redburn coutry park.

I think just the usual way
here’s a sneaky peak inside

1 Like

It looks like that person has learned to live with it (or learned to lean with it at least!)

yeah I agree that normal houses are better