Your younger self

i’m going to look proper creepy hanging out with a load of 18 year olds in the purple turtle in reading

3 Likes

haha, fair enough

I’m not going bowling anyway. Both of us hate bowling.

4 Likes

That scene in Red Dwarf Timeslides where Lister tries to talk to his teenage self, basically.

Although I have never called anything crypto fascist.

2 Likes

I reckon I could beat him up. That’s the first thing I’d do obviously.

1 Like

this thread is making me feel weird - i think i’d get on alright, quite well actually - but i’d find the whole experience exceptionally uncomfortable and un-nerving and i don’t want to do it thank you very much

Yeah I think we’d get along great, but would be dismayed at younger self’s clothes.

Other than that would be top bants.

1 Like

i was a druggy cunt and not a very nice person at all. had a lot of apologising to do to a lot of people when i stopped being such a dweeb. damaged some friendships beyond repair. lost some good people. fuck my younger self he was a dick.

1 Like

you don’t have to meet him c-b

I would like to meet younger me. I’d tell myself to keep the cool short hair while I could, and not to devote so much gig time to Travis…

don’t worry! I’M NOT GOING!

1 Like

The fact that a Pixies album exists which I haven’t bought would automatically convince 18 year old me that I am an irredeemable, fossilised shitcunt with nothing inside by withered dreams.

Fair point.

1 Like

fair point young The_Cosh :wink:

Young me would think old me is a massive disappointment on the life front, but a total badass on the drunken stories/slag front. And fucking hilarious obvs.

Old me would find young me endearingly annoying and immature.

2 Likes

:joy::heart_eyes::+1:

When I was 18 I thought I was an idiot when I was 16, when I was 22 I thought I was an idiot when I was 18 etc. So I think my life is just varying degrees of idocy?

Perhaps we shall just live our lives constantly filled with self loathing?

used to just post on DiS all the time, what a dick

3 Likes

I tell you what though, I do look back and think I was lucky to get away without any major mishaps considering all the silly risks I took when I was younger, makes me worried about having kids myself.

Give me younger us