You're in a random bar, they hand you the music controls, what do you play?

Context. We’re at my parents in Southport for the weekend right now. We went out for a drink in a local bar. Shelves full of ale, German/Belgian lager. Trendy but also old-man ish. Young bar staff. Nice bar.

We’re having a drink and a pissed but friendly regular hands us a tablet. He says here the customers pick the songs, anything goes, go for it, 2 songs each, add them to the playlist or just play next if you want.

Like a rabbit in headlights I go for a couple of well known songs on my phone recently played: Beastie Boys Sabotage and Road to Nowhere Talking Heads. My wife goes Tenacious D Tribute but then a bit leftfield with St Vincent and Pills.

Afterwards the guy says obscure choices go down well and I instantly want to change my choices, despite his enthusiasm when they come on.

What do you choose?

Edit: Might be more apt to go with an all-cricket theme.

2 Likes

Just to add they said absolutely no AC:DC

2 Likes
6 Likes

3 Likes

What’s New Pussycat 21 times, but on the sixth play it’s It’s Not Unusual, then going back to What’s New Pussycat.

10 Likes

Given its an area with a high dose of Liverpool fc fandom I regret not queuing up Glory Glory Man United and leaving

2 Likes

The live version of Pink Floyd’s Echoes from the 1972 BBC Paris Theatre recordings & Prince’s Lovesexy Album which is all one continuous song on digital formats

That’s a great 80 minutes of music right there

:+1:t3:

4 Likes

followed by

2 Likes

Freebird

3 Likes

My brother has just moved to Southport and I would like to know where this pub is, please. Cheers!

Temporary secretary

3 Likes

Shaggy - it wasn’t me

Their fault

2 Likes

Dead

Slint breadcrumb trail
Angel Olsen unfucktheworld

2 Likes

The Impression That I Get x 2

1 Like

Kickstart my Heart
Jesus Built my Hotrod

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s the Bottle Room on Lord Street. It has a wall full of imported German and Belgian beers. It was good

2 Likes